My Pc Does Not Recognize Usb Devices

Everything was working fine on my PC and all of a sudden I notices
disconnection of my ADSL modem and USB mouse. I have windows XP SP2
with all updates.

I tried to connect the ADSL MODEM and mouse to another computer and
found them both working fine.

I think it is a motherboard problem but prefered to get your kind
advice...

--
msk333

msk333 Wrote:
> Everything was working fine on my PC and all of a sudden I notices
> disconnection of my ADSL modem and USB mouse. I have windows XP SP2
> with all updates.
>
> I tried to connect the ADSL MODEM and mouse to another computer and
> found them both working fine.
>
> I think it is a motherboard problem but prefered to get your kind
> advice...

msk333, I see were going to have to dig deeper into your question.
"all of a sudden"
How long was XP SP2 up and running before the sudden part?
"another computer"
Did it have SP2 on it as well?
Have you tried deleting the usb controller in device manager, and
having SP2 re-detect it? (this is the usual fix)
"disconnection of my ADSL modem"
Is your ASDL modem hooked up via USB or Ethernet?
The more info you give us, the more we can try to help.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman