cd-rw problemwith nero

May 24, 2005 1:34:41 AM

Trying to help my sister, via phone, on her XP (home edition)

She tried to burn CD - no luck

Removed (uninstalled) Nero via controll pannel but nero still seems
active & lists drive d: as cd-burner not as cd-rw.

How do I make xp default cd-rw controller ? not nero.

Thanks for any help offered. :eek:

--
wart

More about : problemwith nero

May 24, 2005 10:12:30 PM

"wart" <wart.1pjlpe@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Trying to help my sister, via phone, on her XP (home edition)
>
> She tried to burn CD - no luck
>
> Removed (uninstalled) Nero via controll pannel but nero still seems
> active & lists drive d: as cd-burner not as cd-rw.
>
> How do I make xp default cd-rw controller ? not nero.
>
> Thanks for any help offered. :eek:
>

> --
> wart

Go to,
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/General_Clean_Tool.html
and download and run the clean tool. It will remove all parts of nero and
then she can reinstall it or use something else.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:14:29 AM

What version of Nero is she using? Try going to Control
Panel>AdminTools>Services>IMAPI CD-Burning Com and make sure it's Started.

!