cd-rw problemwith nero

Trying to help my sister, via phone, on her XP (home edition)

She tried to burn CD - no luck

Removed (uninstalled) Nero via controll pannel but nero still seems
active & lists drive d: as cd-burner not as cd-rw.

How do I make xp default cd-rw controller ? not nero.

Thanks for any help offered. :eek:

--
wart
2 answers Last reply

    "wart" <wart.1pjlpe@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Trying to help my sister, via phone, on her XP (home edition)
    >
    > She tried to burn CD - no luck
    >
    > Removed (uninstalled) Nero via controll pannel but nero still seems
    > active & lists drive d: as cd-burner not as cd-rw.
    >
    > How do I make xp default cd-rw controller ? not nero.
    >
    > Thanks for any help offered. :eek:
    >

    > --
    > wart

    Go to,
    http://ww2.nero.com/enu/General_Clean_Tool.html
    and download and run the clean tool. It will remove all parts of nero and
    then she can reinstall it or use something else.

    What version of Nero is she using? Try going to Control
    Panel>AdminTools>Services>IMAPI CD-Burning Com and make sure it's Started.
    "wart" <wart.1pjlpe@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Trying to help my sister, via phone, on her XP (home edition)
    >
    > She tried to burn CD - no luck
    >
    > Removed (uninstalled) Nero via controll pannel but nero still seems
    > active & lists drive d: as cd-burner not as cd-rw.
    >
    > How do I make xp default cd-rw controller ? not nero.
    >
    > Thanks for any help offered. :eek:
    >

    > --
    > wart

CD-Rom Nero Windows XP