New Hope for overdue Soyo Rebates

Dear valued Customer:
Thank you for your recent submission of your rebate request. (So you did
get it)

According to our record, we did not receive your rebate request. (Huh ?) If
you believe your mail was lost or misdirected, please contact your mail
carrier directly. According to the rebate program's terms and conditions
"manufacturers are not responsible for the lost or misdirected mail". (BS)

However, we may able to help you if you will re-submit (keyword is "may")

1) a copy of your correct rebate form (forms)

2) a copy of invoice or packing list or receipt

3) a copy of UPC Barcode

by register mail to the following address : - (Registered Mail for a $10
Rebate?)

Attn : Luis

Special Care Customer Services Dept

1042 N. Mountain Ave # B 291

Upland CA 91786

We will make sure to process your rebate request within 3 weeks after
receive your mail. Please email me if you do not receive your rebate check
within 4 weeks. You may also check your status after 3 weeks at
www.verifyrebate.com

We would like to thank you again for your inquiry and patience! (I really
think you would like it better if I just disappeared)

Customer Services

www.verifyrebate.com

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:05:47 -0500, "R Hallman" <rehallman@nospam.com> wrote:

>Dear valued Customer:
>Thank you for your recent submission of your rebate request. (So you did
>get it)
>According to our record, we did not receive your rebate request. (Huh ?) If
>you believe your mail was lost or misdirected, please contact your mail
>carrier directly. According to the rebate program's terms and conditions
>"manufacturers are not responsible for the lost or misdirected mail". (BS)
>However, we may able to help you if you will re-submit (keyword is "may")
>1) a copy of your correct rebate form (forms)
>2) a copy of invoice or packing list or receipt
>3) a copy of UPC Barcode
>by register mail to the following address : - (Registered Mail for a $10
>Rebate?)
>Attn : Luis
>Special Care Customer Services Dept
>1042 N. Mountain Ave # B 291
>Upland CA 91786
>We will make sure to process your rebate request within 3 weeks after
>receive your mail. Please email me if you do not receive your rebate check
>within 4 weeks. You may also check your status after 3 weeks at
>www.verifyrebate.com
>We would like to thank you again for your inquiry and patience! (I really
>think you would like it better if I just disappeared)
>Customer NO-Services
>www.verifyrebate.com

I sent my copies of the 'lost' forms and other records several weeks ago. No
word yet. Exactly as they requested.

I'd be willing to bet that I will never get a dime from Soyo.
I encourage all vendors like New Egg and others to DROP ALL SOYO products
immediately. There is no reason why a vendor should have their good reputation
dragged into the mud because of the shoddy business practices of ONE supplier.
There are many more suppliers to choose from. I have informed NewEgg that I will
not be purchasing anything from them again until they drop the Soyo product
line. Considering that I spend less than $2k a year with NewEgg I'm obviously a
small fry in the big picture but if MORE people would start boycotting these
vendors then maybe we can have some impact.

Write your vendors. Let them know you don't appreciate them handling suppliers
that participate in consumer rip-offs.

Get those letters and emails flowing! Forget Soyo_ they could care less. HIT the
vendors!

Something you may wish to consider, it that the manufacturers seldom, if
ever handle thier own rebate requests. Hence, the rebate is through
www.verifyrebate.com. Many manufacturers use a single company to do this,
it is the same way I get my rebates through the Future Shop (if it has
wires, or goes into something that has wires, you look here first). Future
Shop rebates are handled through a rebate center. Hence, your complaints
would be more effectively directed to Soyo (and other manufacturers)
directly. www.verifyrebate.com gets paid for processing those rebates.
Since I am not familiar with verifyrebate, I can't say in all certianty,
however, if one thinks about it, Soyo produces Mobos, etc... Maxtor makes
hard drives, etc.. It makes better sence to have someone else handle rebates
than to run the expence of a dedicated accounting system. Want results?
Contact Soyo.

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:08:31 -0400, "Gary Balkam" <gfbalkam@rogers.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>Something you may wish to consider, it that the manufacturers seldom, if
>ever handle thier own rebate requests. Hence, the rebate is through
>www.verifyrebate.com. Many manufacturers use a single company to do this,
>it is the same way I get my rebates through the Future Shop (if it has
>wires, or goes into something that has wires, you look here first). Future
>Shop rebates are handled through a rebate center. Hence, your complaints
>would be more effectively directed to Soyo (and other manufacturers)
>directly. www.verifyrebate.com gets paid for processing those rebates.
>Since I am not familiar with verifyrebate, I can't say in all certianty,
>however, if one thinks about it, Soyo produces Mobos, etc... Maxtor makes
>hard drives, etc.. It makes better sence to have someone else handle rebates
>than to run the expence of a dedicated accounting system. Want results?

Duh_ Yes everyone knows that manufacturers don't handle their rebates directly.
The hire some sleaze outfit to do the dirty work. The fact is that the
manufacturer expects to pay out only a fraction of the total rebate potential.
The third party rebate company expects the actual return rate to be even smaller
than what the manufacturer is willing to paid for and there is where the profit
is. Someone clearly underestimated the response percentage in this particular
market. Obviously once it became clear that the rebate return percentage was
going to wipe out any potential profit some thieving sleaze-ball decided that
dumping all the rebates was the best solution.

A criminal act in my opinion.

Did Soyo actually participate in the ripoff? We will never know_ I suspect not
but I still hold them accountable for the mess.

The only power I have as a consumer is the power to close my wallet. The place
to announce that is directly with the business that the consumer deals with. Let
the vendor put pressure on the manufacturers to clean up this continuous rebate
fraud. This is not the first time I have been ripped off by some bogus rebate
scam. It happens all the time.

Dear Newegg,

Because of your continued support for Soyo products I will no longer be shopping
at Newegg. Soyo has participated in a monumental consumer rip-off. Newegg has
elected to stand behind Soyo by continuing to sell their products AND offer
additional bogus Soyo rebate deals. When and if you decide to support your
customers instead of Soyo I will be happy to shop with you again.

In addition_ I refuse to shop with any supplier who willingly participates in
the criminal rebate scam business. Increasingly the rebate business is being
conducted by thieves and criminals. As a consumer I encourage you to STOP any
and all rebate offerings.

Until then_ consider this a consumer boycott.

Well I did see that I was approved on the rebate handler's webpage, but I
had to keep calling Soyo directly to get my rebate $$$ until I finally got
my rebates.

I agree with you that no one else should deal with fraudulent companies like
Soyo.
I also agree with you that all of the people who experienced problems with
Soyo should notify the places where they bought the products.
Might even get some discount coupons from the stores!!! <g> Well it is a
possibility! lol
Maybe these places will stop selling Soyo's products, or force Soyo to offer
INSTANT rebates!! I bought mine from Microcenter.
A bad reputation is very hard to turn around!!!

I hope I don't have any trouble with the actual Soyo components that I
bought. I would consider them a disposable item and probably not even try
to get them replaced under warranty. :-(
Too much of a hassle probably.

JMHO
dave
(One out of many daves)

> Duh_ Yes everyone knows that manufacturers don't handle their rebates
> directly.
> The hire some sleaze outfit to do the dirty work. The fact is that the
> manufacturer expects to pay out only a fraction of the total rebate
> potential.
> The third party rebate company expects the actual return rate to be even
> smaller
> than what the manufacturer is willing to paid for and there is where the
> profit
> is. Someone clearly underestimated the response percentage in this
> particular
> market. Obviously once it became clear that the rebate return percentage
> was
> going to wipe out any potential profit some thieving sleaze-ball decided
> that
> dumping all the rebates was the best solution.
>
> A criminal act in my opinion.
>
> Did Soyo actually participate in the ripoff? We will never know_ I suspect
> not
> but I still hold them accountable for the mess.
>
> The only power I have as a consumer is the power to close my wallet. The
> place
> to announce that is directly with the business that the consumer deals
> with. Let
> the vendor put pressure on the manufacturers to clean up this continuous
> rebate
> fraud. This is not the first time I have been ripped off by some bogus
> rebate
> scam. It happens all the time.
>

> Dear Newegg,
>
> Because of your continued support for Soyo products I will no longer be
> shopping
> at Newegg. Soyo has participated in a monumental consumer rip-off. Newegg
> has
> elected to stand behind Soyo by continuing to sell their products AND
> offer
> additional bogus Soyo rebate deals. When and if you decide to support your
> customers instead of Soyo I will be happy to shop with you again.
>
> In addition_ I refuse to shop with any supplier who willingly participates
> in
> the criminal rebate scam business. Increasingly the rebate business is
> being
> conducted by thieves and criminals. As a consumer I encourage you to STOP
> any
> and all rebate offerings.
>
> Until then_ consider this a consumer boycott.

I got my rebates within a month of sending my photocopies to Luis. Newegg's
customer service was awesome with helping me resolve this after 5 months of
waiting.

"R Hallman" <rehallman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dear valued Customer:
> Thank you for your recent submission of your rebate request. (So you did
> get it)
>
> According to our record, we did not receive your rebate request. (Huh ?)
> If you believe your mail was lost or misdirected, please contact your mail
> carrier directly. According to the rebate program's terms and conditions
> "manufacturers are not responsible for the lost or misdirected mail". (BS)
>
> However, we may able to help you if you will re-submit (keyword is "may")
>
> 1) a copy of your correct rebate form (forms)
>
> 2) a copy of invoice or packing list or receipt
>
> 3) a copy of UPC Barcode
>
> by register mail to the following address : - (Registered Mail for a $10
> Rebate?)
>

> Attn : Luis
>
> Special Care Customer Services Dept
>
> 1042 N. Mountain Ave # B 291
>
> Upland CA 91786
>

> We will make sure to process your rebate request within 3 weeks after
> receive your mail. Please email me if you do not receive your rebate
> check within 4 weeks. You may also check your status after 3 weeks at
> www.verifyrebate.com
>
> We would like to thank you again for your inquiry and patience! (I really
> think you would like it better if I just disappeared)
>
> Customer Services
>
> www.verifyrebate.com

Congrats to you!
Was it worth the trouble? ;-)
Mine was since the rebates bought me a new color tv! <g>

So there is hope for all others. KEEP PURSUING IT AND DON'T GIVE UP
Don't allow them to cheat you and win!!!

JMHO
dave

"Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>I got my rebates within a month of sending my photocopies to Luis.
>Newegg's customer service was awesome with helping me resolve this after 5
>months of waiting.

Was it worth the trouble to collect my $75? Yes.

Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Congrats to you!
> Was it worth the trouble? ;-)
> Mine was since the rebates bought me a new color tv! <g>
>
> So there is hope for all others. KEEP PURSUING IT AND DON'T GIVE UP
> Don't allow them to cheat you and win!!!
>
> JMHO
> dave
>
> "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>I got my rebates within a month of sending my photocopies to Luis.
>>Newegg's customer service was awesome with helping me resolve this after 5
>>months of waiting.

Sentiments of just about everyone here!!

> Was it worth the trouble to collect my $75? Yes.
>
> Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.
>

> "dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> Congrats to you!
>> Was it worth the trouble? ;-)
>> Mine was since the rebates bought me a new color tv! <g>
>>
>> So there is hope for all others. KEEP PURSUING IT AND DON'T GIVE UP
>> Don't allow them to cheat you and win!!!
>>
>> JMHO
>> dave
>>
>> "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>>I got my rebates within a month of sending my photocopies to Luis.
>>>Newegg's customer service was awesome with helping me resolve this after
>>>5 months of waiting.

I think it's a positive move that CompUSA was penalized for rebate issues.
It makes the resellers think twice before getting involved promoting rebates
with shady manufacturers like Soyo.

> Sentiments of just about everyone here!!
> Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.
>

> "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Was it worth the trouble to collect my $75? Yes.
>>
>> Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.
>>

>> "dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>> Congrats to you!
>>> Was it worth the trouble? ;-)
>>> Mine was since the rebates bought me a new color tv! <g>
>>>
>>> So there is hope for all others. KEEP PURSUING IT AND DON'T GIVE UP
>>> Don't allow them to cheat you and win!!!
>>>
>>> JMHO
>>> dave
>>>
>>> "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Steve Larson wrote:
> I think it's a positive move that CompUSA was penalized for rebate
issues.
> It makes the resellers think twice before getting involved promoting
rebates
> with shady manufacturers like Soyo.
>

> "dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > Sentiments of just about everyone here!!
> > Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.
> >

> > "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >> Was it worth the trouble to collect my $75? Yes.
> >>
> >> Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.
> >>

> >> "dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message

UP

Luis.

Newegg as been busting their stones to try to resolve the rebate problem for
their customers. Bravo to Newegg! I received my $70 this week as I'm sure many
other Newegg customers did. I'm steering clear of Soyo for a while as this
rebate thing was really a pain in the ass but I'm glad to see that SOME of the
retailers are getting their act together and putting some pressure on these
bogus offers.

Agreed, Newegg has been an outstanding merchant. I have no personal or
business connection to them, aside from being a customer, but I would
encourage anyone to look for their purchases at Newegg first. Their
customer service is top-notch.

> Newegg as been busting their stones to try to resolve the rebate problem
> for
> their customers. Bravo to Newegg! I received my $70 this week as I'm sure
> many
> other Newegg customers did. I'm steering clear of Soyo for a while as this
> rebate thing was really a pain in the ass but I'm glad to see that SOME of
> the
> retailers are getting their act together and putting some pressure on
> these
> bogus offers.

Not really, Tiger Direct was in 1999 and there still doing things, according
to the BBB.

> I think it's a positive move that CompUSA was penalized for rebate issues.
> It makes the resellers think twice before getting involved promoting
rebates
> with shady manufacturers like Soyo.

Well I got my rebate but it didn't come from Soyo or Verifyrebate.com. I
sent an email to Newegg and asked them for help. Newegg issued a credit to
my credit card for the $10 Soyo rebate that was due. I didn't feel like
they should have done this but I'm glad to know that they were willing to
take responsibility for a rebate they advertised. I just hate to see them
let those Soyo crooks of the hook.

"R Hallman" <rehallman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dear valued Customer:
> Thank you for your recent submission of your rebate request. (So you did
> get it)
>
> According to our record, we did not receive your rebate request. (Huh ?)
> If you believe your mail was lost or misdirected, please contact your mail
> carrier directly. According to the rebate program's terms and conditions
> "manufacturers are not responsible for the lost or misdirected mail". (BS)
>
> However, we may able to help you if you will re-submit (keyword is "may")
>
> 1) a copy of your correct rebate form (forms)
>
> 2) a copy of invoice or packing list or receipt
>
> 3) a copy of UPC Barcode
>
> by register mail to the following address : - (Registered Mail for a $10
> Rebate?)
>

> Attn : Luis
>
> Special Care Customer Services Dept
>
> 1042 N. Mountain Ave # B 291
>
> Upland CA 91786
>

> We will make sure to process your rebate request within 3 weeks after
> receive your mail. Please email me if you do not receive your rebate
> check within 4 weeks. You may also check your status after 3 weeks at
> www.verifyrebate.com
>
> We would like to thank you again for your inquiry and patience! (I really
> think you would like it better if I just disappeared)
>
> Customer Services
>
> www.verifyrebate.com

I got that same reply about Luis. They say that they have mailed my
check... We'll see.

Now they claim that my second rebate must have gotten lost in the
mail. (yeah right).

Problem is, I don't have a photocopy of my UPC and can't make another,
since I sent the original to them.

This seems to be another dirtbag scam so they can get away with only
sending 1 out of 2 rebates.

If anyone has a scan of the UPC code for the
SY-P4RC350, please send me a private message. I'd
like to arrange to get a copy of it so I can re-send my second rebate
by certified mail.

ledopmi

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I got the same responses. It IS SOYO the is the cause. I have never had a problem with verifyrebate with any other company.
I have bypassed verify rebate all together and have been in contact with SOYO by phone and have faxed them my rebate information 4 times. They have been rude, and they have lied to me.

I will NEVER buy anything from that screwed up company again!
I HATE SOYO!!