Help all games in vertical mode problem

I finally got all my cab set up and running, but now it has a display
problem. The games all seem to be stuck in a vertical mode. As if the
program thinks I am using a vertical monitor instead of a horizontial
one.

This is most noticeable when I am playing a game that is supposed to be
vertical, it is just a thin streched out bar in the center of the
screen. The games are still playable, but they look really bad. Did I
set something wrong?

I am using MAME32 in windows 98.

thanks,
Mark C

Sune Salminen wrote:
> drmoonsparkle@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I finally got all my cab set up and running, but now it has a display
>>problem. The games all seem to be stuck in a vertical mode. As if
>>the program thinks I am using a vertical monitor instead of a
>>horizontial one.
>>
>>This is most noticeable when I am playing a game that is supposed to
>>be vertical, it is just a thin streched out bar in the center of the
>>screen. The games are still playable, but they look really bad. Did
>>I set something wrong?
>>
>>I am using MAME32 in windows 98.
>>
>>thanks,
>>Mark C
>

> You have a display problem, yet you don't say what kind of monitor you
> have or what graphics card you use.

Or what version of MAME32.

I'll throw out some guesses anyway.
Has your CLEAN STRETCH been changed from the default? I tried setting
that (from the game or default PROPERTIES-DISPLAY tab) to full and the
horizontal game I tried was noticably narrower. Seemed to have no
effect on the vertical game though.

Are you using Direct 3D? If so, what are the settings?

Are you using DirectDraw? If so, what are the settings?

Sue Salmon wrote:
> drmoonsparkle@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I finally got all my cab set up and running, but now it has a display
>>problem. The games all seem to be stuck in a vertical mode. As if
>>the program thinks I am using a vertical monitor instead of a
>>horizontial one.
>>
>>This is most noticeable when I am playing a game that is supposed to
>>be vertical, it is just a thin streched out bar in the center of the
>>screen. The games are still playable, but they look really bad. Did
>>I set something wrong?
>>
>>I am using MAME32 in windows 98.
>>
>>thanks,
>>Mark C
>

> You have a display problem, yet you don't say what kind of monitor you
> have or what graphics card you use.

You reply, yet you don't ask a question they can reply to..... <GBEG>

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Dead_Dad wrote:
> Sue Salmon wrote:

hehehe You gotta love automagic spell-checkers.....

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad