Dvd Rw

May 19, 2005 6:13:59 PM

I want to add something with more capacity that my CD RW to store
digital images and am comp.letely out of touch with DVDs
1) can one add to DVD RWs or are they like the old CDR's (I use Nero
Express on CDRW)
2) Can one record on PC and play on TV DVD Recorder and vice versa?

Sounds silly, but if you dont know its better to ask!

--
itsme

More about : dvd

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:32:47 PM

Please note that there are 5 DVD media types:

DVD+R
DVD-R
DVD+RW
DVD-RW
DVD-RAM

DVD-+RW media behave just like CD-RWs

Several DVD TV units will only play DVD-R and others will only play DVD+R.

You may have to "experiment" so as to see which DVD+- media would work for
you. Just make sure to buy a multi-format DVD recorder unit that handles
all the DVD format.

NOTE: DVD-RAM is "falling" out of popularity and this format is only
"really" used for PCs.

!