Intel P4 CPU & Ram question

Ryan

Right now on my D865GBFL intel mobo, I have configured a 2.26 Ghz, 533 FSB
proc with DDR 333 mhz Ram.

I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a HT CPU with 800 FSB and keep the ram the
way it is instead of upgrading to DDR400.

Does anyone know if that configuration of 800 FSB CPU will be ok with DDR333
Ram?

Thanks

333 mhz will run fine with the 800 FSB processor.

"Ryan" wrote:

> Right now on my D865GBFL intel mobo, I have configured a 2.26 Ghz, 533 FSB
> proc with DDR 333 mhz Ram.
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a HT CPU with 800 FSB and keep the ram the
> way it is instead of upgrading to DDR400.
>
> Does anyone know if that configuration of 800 FSB CPU will be ok with DDR333
> Ram?
>
> Thanks

Ryan, looks like it will work fine though not in Synch with the 800FSB.
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_mem.htm

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right now on my D865GBFL intel mobo, I have configured a 2.26 Ghz, 533 FSB
> proc with DDR 333 mhz Ram.
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a HT CPU with 800 FSB and keep the ram
> the
> way it is instead of upgrading to DDR400.
>
> Does anyone know if that configuration of 800 FSB CPU will be ok with
> DDR333
> Ram?
>
> Thanks

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right now on my D865GBFL intel mobo, I have configured a 2.26 Ghz, 533 FSB
> proc with DDR 333 mhz Ram.
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a HT CPU with 800 FSB and keep the ram
> the
> way it is instead of upgrading to DDR400.
>
> Does anyone know if that configuration of 800 FSB CPU will be ok with
> DDR333
> Ram?
>
> Thanks

I'd be more concerned whether the motherboard is going to support that
processor.