BIOS update for SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v 1.0

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 18, 2005 1:47:02 AM

Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
v 1.0 motherboard.

SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe

In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
the BIOS update file?

I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
Art
March 19, 2005 3:59:26 AM

4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
BIOS ROM and flash program files.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0500, "Art" <Anonymous@notanisp.com>
wrote:

>Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
>v 1.0 motherboard.
>
>SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
>file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe
>
>In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
>(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
>they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
>BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
>I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
>the BIOS update file?
>
>I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
>haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
>Art

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 19, 2005 3:59:27 AM

"Andy" <1@2.3> wrote in message
> 4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
> BIOS ROM and flash program files.

Many thanks for the info, Andy...
Art
!