BIOS update for SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v 1.0

Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
v 1.0 motherboard.

SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe

In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
the BIOS update file?

I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
Art
2 answers Last reply
More about bios update p4i865pe dragon

    4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
    BIOS ROM and flash program files.

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0500, "Art" <Anonymous@notanisp.com>
    wrote:

    >Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
    >v 1.0 motherboard.
    >
    >SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
    >file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe
    >
    >In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
    >(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
    >they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
    >BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
    >I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
    >the BIOS update file?
    >
    >I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
    >haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
    >Art

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "Andy" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > 4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
    > BIOS ROM and flash program files.

    Many thanks for the info, Andy...
    Art

BIOS Soyo Motherboards