USB extension cable

I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
(Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
recognized as Generic USB hub
3 answers Last reply
More about extension cable

    hehehe I forgot to say that I need the solution for yesterday!!!!!

    "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:

    > I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
    > When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
    > (Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
    > recognized as Generic USB hub

    I HAVE SAME PROBELM.
    Any Help will be highly Appreciated.

    Shah Sadeque
    Shahsa@websters.co.uk

    "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:

    > hehehe I forgot to say that I need the solution for yesterday!!!!!
    >
    > "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:
    >
    > > I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
    > > When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
    > > (Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
    > > recognized as Generic USB hub

    That's usually a power insufficiency problem. Get a powered hub and extend
    from that.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Shah Sadeque" <Shah Sadeque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I HAVE SAME PROBELM.
    > Any Help will be highly Appreciated.
    >
    > Shah Sadeque
    > Shahsa@websters.co.uk
    >

    > "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:
    >
    >> hehehe I forgot to say that I need the solution for yesterday!!!!!
    >>
    >> "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
    >> > When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t
    >> > recognize it
    >> > (Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it
    >> > is
    >> > recognized as Generic USB hub

Extension USB Cable Windows XP