USB extension cable

I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
(Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
recognized as Generic USB hub

hehehe I forgot to say that I need the solution for yesterday!!!!!

"Claudio Barbosa" wrote:

> I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
> When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
> (Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
> recognized as Generic USB hub

I HAVE SAME PROBELM.
Any Help will be highly Appreciated.

Shah Sadeque
Shahsa@websters.co.uk

"Claudio Barbosa" wrote:

> hehehe I forgot to say that I need the solution for yesterday!!!!!
>
> "Claudio Barbosa" wrote:
>
> > I have an usb extension cable that works like an usb hub.
> > When I connect it at an Windows XP machine, the windows doesn´t recognize it
> > (Unknow Device), but when I connect it to an Windows 2000 machine, it is
> > recognized as Generic USB hub

That's usually a power insufficiency problem. Get a powered hub and extend
from that.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging