e-mail options

I'm thinking about switching from AT&T to Cingular.

AT&T has a service for viewing your POP3 e-mail via a WAP enabled web site.
This has been a great tool for me. I do not have to download my e-mail to
my phone. This has provided much faster e-mail and reduced my data usage to
almost nil (compared to downloading e-mail).

Does Cingular have a similar service, or is downloading messages the only
option?

In article <10fd4dfnah11nee@corp.supernews.com>,
"John Richardson" <jrichardson@advantxmail.net> wrote:

> I'm thinking about switching from AT&T to Cingular.

In about 6 months you're switching regardless.

I take it from the lack of responses that the answer is "no"

> I'm thinking about switching from AT&T to Cingular.
>
> AT&T has a service for viewing your POP3 e-mail via a WAP enabled web
site.
> This has been a great tool for me. I do not have to download my e-mail to
> my phone. This has provided much faster e-mail and reduced my data usage
> almost nil (compared to downloading e-mail).
>
> Does Cingular have a similar service, or is downloading messages the only
> option?

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello John,

Here is how I do it, for free on AWS. I use HOTMAIL to receive headers from
my messages to
my handset directly using yourcellnumber@mobile.att.net , these emails to
the phone are free on AWS and I don't have to go anywhere to get them, they
are delivered right
to the phone. This is much faster and easier. I also get traffic updates
of all major accidents, in my daily path. Its free on the MSN website. I
also push my stock quotes, when I they hit my numbers, using Medved's
Tracker".

Ben