How to deal with your SOYO Rebate

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov
I also plan to find out what Better Business Bureau to file with.
I think Soyo is in California. The FTC fined CompUSA for not honoring
rebates from manufactures, so I'd advise to also list who ever you
purchased the part from (zipzoomfly, etc) We need these companies to
pressure the manufactures into honoring what they promise!
19 answers Last reply
More about deal soyo rebate

    "John" wrote:
    > File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
    > www.ftc.gov
    > I also plan to find out what Better Business Bureau to file
    > with.
    > I think Soyo is in California. The FTC fined CompUSA for not
    > honoring
    > rebates from manufactures, so I'd advise to also list who ever
    > you
    > purchased the part from (zipzoomfly, etc) We need these
    > companies to
    > pressure the manufactures into honoring what they promise!

    I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
    (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
    soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way you
    won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to a
    person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one of
    two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While I
    haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
    helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.

    Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.

    Hope this helps

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-deal-Rebate-ftopict51308.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=253245
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my email. The name
    on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was sent last
    fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it hasn't shown
    up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful. Another 2
    weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the rebate I
    sent in.

    drifter23 wrote:

    > I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
    > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
    > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way you
    > won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to a
    > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one of
    > two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While I
    > haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
    > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
    >
    > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
    >
    > Hope this helps
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Brandy
    When they say "sent a new check" they LIE, But...Don't lose hope,
    Just got a check from them yesterday (5/15/05) that their web site was
    indicating for the last 3 weeks that "check sent", the check was indeed
    dated 3/27/05 yet the envelope showed that it was posted only on april
    12th(3 days earlier).
    If you don't get it within the 3-4 weeks they promised, by all means
    stay on their ass and pester them until you get what's yours.
    HTH
    JerryR

    Brandy Sullivan wrote:
    > I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my
    email. The name
    > on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was
    sent last
    > fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it
    hasn't shown
    > up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful.
    Another 2
    > weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the
    rebate I
    > sent in.
    >
    > drifter23 wrote:
    > >
    > > I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
    > > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
    > > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
    you
    > > won't go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak
    to a
    > > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
    of
    > > two individuals who will handle your 'dispute' themselves'.
    While I
    > > haven't recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the
    most
    > > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
    > >
    > > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    CALL THEM and speak to a person like drifter23 said!!!
    I did get my checks and they totalled over $100!
    later,
    dave
    (One out of many daves)

    <yjrybano2spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Brandy
    > When they say "sent a new check" they LIE, But...Don't lose hope,
    > Just got a check from them yesterday (5/15/05) that their web site was
    > indicating for the last 3 weeks that "check sent", the check was indeed
    > dated 3/27/05 yet the envelope showed that it was posted only on april
    > 12th(3 days earlier).
    > If you don't get it within the 3-4 weeks they promised, by all means
    > stay on their ass and pester them until you get what's yours.
    > HTH
    > JerryR
    >
    > Brandy Sullivan wrote:
    >> I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my
    > email. The name
    >> on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was
    > sent last
    >> fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it
    > hasn't shown
    >> up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful.
    > Another 2
    >> weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the
    > rebate I
    >> sent in.
    >>
    >> drifter23 wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
    >> > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
    >> > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
    > you
    >> > won't go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak
    > to a
    >> > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
    > of
    >> > two individuals who will handle your 'dispute' themselves'.
    > While I
    >> > haven't recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the
    > most
    >> > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
    >> >
    >> > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
    >> >
    >> > Hope this helps

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check arrived.
    Let's hope it clears. . . .
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    lol
    cash it fast!! <g>

    "Brandy Sullivan" <spamblocked@nospam.ca> wrote in message

    > Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
    > arrived.
    > Let's hope it clears. . . .
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
    the check. Faster the better.

    dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

    > lol
    > cash it fast!! <g>
    >
    > > Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
    > > arrived.
    > > Let's hope it clears. . . .
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Brandy Sullivan wrote:
    > Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
    > the check. Faster the better.
    >
    > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
    >
    >>lol
    >>cash it fast!! <g>
    >>
    >>>Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
    >>>arrived.
    >>>Let's hope it clears. . . .
    Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
    Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
    as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
    have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
    sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
    approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
    check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
    followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
    check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
    would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
    figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
    note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.

    As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
    episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
    Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.

    It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
    reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    SOYO RIPP OFFS. MY REBATE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING FOR
    ALMOST 10 MONTHS. I CALLED THEM ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THEY SENT ME A
    CHECK WHICH NEVER MADE IT TO ME A MONTH AGO. I WAS ALSO TOLD I HAVE
    TO WAIT FOR 60 DAYS THEN FILE A COMPLAIN (COMPANY POLICY) HERE IS
    THEIR # 1-909 292 2500 EXT 2528. CALL THAT NUMBER YOU WILL BE
    SURPRISED. CROOKS. BURN IN HELL SOYO.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I've been pursuing this for more
    than a year now and repeatedly spoken with several people who just
    lied. They kept telling me that the check will be processed. I like
    rebates and normally have no problems getting them. I concur with the
    earlier post that Soyo is the worst one yet. I think I'll continue to
    pester them since I've seen that some people actually got their
    rebates.

    dyno wrote:
    > Brandy Sullivan wrote:
    > > Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
    > > the check. Faster the better.
    > >
    > > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
    > >
    > >>lol
    > >>cash it fast!! <g>

    > Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
    > Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
    > as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
    > have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
    > sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
    > approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
    > check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
    > followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
    > check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
    > would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
    > figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
    > note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.
    >
    > As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
    > episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
    > Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.
    >
    > It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
    > reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    rizal wrote:
    > I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I've been pursuing this for more
    > than a year now and repeatedly spoken with several people who just
    > lied. They kept telling me that the check will be processed. I like
    > rebates and normally have no problems getting them. I concur with the
    > earlier post that Soyo is the worst one yet. I think I'll continue to
    > pester them since I've seen that some people actually got their
    > rebates.
    >

    > dyno wrote:
    >
    >>Brandy Sullivan wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
    >>>the check. Faster the better.

    >>Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
    >>Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
    >>as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
    >>have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
    >>sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
    >>approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
    >>check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
    >>followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
    >>check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
    >>would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
    >>figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
    >>note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.
    >>
    >>As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
    >>episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
    >>Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.
    >>
    >>It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
    >>reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.

    I filed a complaint with the BBB. I just got a note from the BBB in
    which Soyo's response was the same BS I got when I asked about the
    status of my check. (if you haven't gotten it in 60 days email and we'll
    send a new one). Their BBB rating is "F". Doesn't get any worse than
    that! They only made good on about half of the complaints. What a looser
    of a company!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    > drifter23wrote:
    I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
    > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
    > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
    you
    > won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to
    > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
    of
    > two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While
    > haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
    > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
    >
    > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.

    Wrong on both counts. Soyo is in CA. They are in a city named
    "Ontario" in California, not in the province of Ontario in Canada.

    Verifyrebate.com does not process any rebates for any company other
    than Soyo. Their front page says as much.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
    just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
    money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
    mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
    received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
    closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
    Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
    little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
    them again. Who knows.....
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Hi,

    In article <1125628821.249068.76920@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote:
    #Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
    #just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
    #money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
    #mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
    #received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
    #closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
    #Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
    #little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
    #them again. Who knows.....

    Call your vendor- mwave, tiger, newegg- and ask them to put pressure on
    them to give your rebate.

    Ken.
    Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Next quarterly reports we'll see
    WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | windfall profits from energy companies
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    They sent me an email saying I would get my rebate (same date as OP by
    myself). We'll see.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Ken Marsh wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In article <1125628821.249068.76920@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote:
    > #Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
    > #just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
    > #money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
    > #mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
    > #received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
    > #closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
    > #Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
    > #little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
    > #them again. Who knows.....
    >
    > Call your vendor- mwave, tiger, newegg- and ask them to put pressure on
    > them to give your rebate.
    >
    > Ken.
    I complained to the Better Business Bureau. That seemed to get some
    action as I DID ultimately get my rebate.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I sent them one telling them I hadn't received it yet and they sent me
    one saying they are truly sorry but that it has been sent. Again, we
    will see.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Hi, my name is Bill Anderson and I am a member of the Pennsylvania
    bar, working in Washington, DC. I have read your posting and see
    that your experience with Soyo mirrors the experience of numerous
    other customers. My law firm specializes in representing consumers.
    Recently, we have been investigating many claims regarding Soyo
    rebates. In connection with the ongoing investigation, it would be
    very useful if I could talk with you about your experience with Soyo,
    particularly regarding any difficulty you encountered attempting to
    redeem your rebate. If you are interested, please e-mail me at
    wanderson@cuneolaw.com or contact me by phone at 202-789-3960. Thank
    you in advance for your consideration.
  19. I mailed my rebate info to SOYO back in October 2004.
    It was actually 3 rebates. One was an online rebate which I recieved. The other two were mail in.
    I had to re-submit it through the mail two more times
    because they say they never got it. They still said
    they did not get it then, after a couple of months of
    ignoring my e-mails they said they sent me the checks
    a log time ago, but they would send them again. I
    never received them. I contacted them by phone and
    faxed them the rebates. They finally sent part of my
    rebate but not all of it. I contacted them again by
    phone and they were rude with a response of "We never
    offered that rebate and you can't prove it!" Also,
    they had no record of sending me the checks that I had
    in my hand. I faxed SOYO copies of the two checks and
    the rebate forms again. I have heard nothing. I have
    since faxed the information two more times and heard
    nothing. I cashed the two checks. At this point all
    they owe me is $10.00. It's not about the money. It
    is the principle. I want what is owed to me. I can't
    understand why a billion dollar company would treat
    it's customers like this. They are fighting me over
    $10.00! What is wrong with them?

    williamanderson, your E-mail does not work.

Soyo Motherboards