How to deal with your SOYO Rebate

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 26, 2005 4:23:14 AM

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov
I also plan to find out what Better Business Bureau to file with.
I think Soyo is in California. The FTC fined CompUSA for not honoring
rebates from manufactures, so I'd advise to also list who ever you
purchased the part from (zipzoomfly, etc) We need these companies to
pressure the manufactures into honoring what they promise!

More about : deal soyo rebate

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 3:34:48 PM

"John" wrote:
> File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
> www.ftc.gov
> I also plan to find out what Better Business Bureau to file
> with.
> I think Soyo is in California. The FTC fined CompUSA for not
> honoring
> rebates from manufactures, so I'd advise to also list who ever
> you
> purchased the part from (zipzoomfly, etc) We need these
> companies to
> pressure the manufactures into honoring what they promise!

I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
(who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way you
won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to a
person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one of
two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While I
haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.

Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.

Hope this helps

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-deal-Rebate-ftopict5...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=253245
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2005 2:13:17 AM

I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my email. The name
on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was sent last
fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it hasn't shown
up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful. Another 2
weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the rebate I
sent in.

drifter23 wrote:

> I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
> (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
> soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way you
> won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to a
> person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one of
> two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While I
> haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
> helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
>
> Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
>
> Hope this helps
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2005 3:07:43 PM

Brandy
When they say "sent a new check" they LIE, But...Don't lose hope,
Just got a check from them yesterday (5/15/05) that their web site was
indicating for the last 3 weeks that "check sent", the check was indeed
dated 3/27/05 yet the envelope showed that it was posted only on april
12th(3 days earlier).
If you don't get it within the 3-4 weeks they promised, by all means
stay on their ass and pester them until you get what's yours.
HTH
JerryR

Brandy Sullivan wrote:
> I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my
email. The name
> on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was
sent last
> fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it
hasn't shown
> up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful.
Another 2
> weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the
rebate I
> sent in.
>
> drifter23 wrote:
> >
> > I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
> > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
> > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
you
> > won't go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak
to a
> > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
of
> > two individuals who will handle your 'dispute' themselves'.
While I
> > haven't recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the
most
> > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
> >
> > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
> >
> > Hope this helps
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2005 5:06:48 AM

CALL THEM and speak to a person like drifter23 said!!!
I did get my checks and they totalled over $100!
later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

<yjrybano2spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Brandy
> When they say "sent a new check" they LIE, But...Don't lose hope,
> Just got a check from them yesterday (5/15/05) that their web site was
> indicating for the last 3 weeks that "check sent", the check was indeed
> dated 3/27/05 yet the envelope showed that it was posted only on april
> 12th(3 days earlier).
> If you don't get it within the 3-4 weeks they promised, by all means
> stay on their ass and pester them until you get what's yours.
> HTH
> JerryR
>
> Brandy Sullivan wrote:
>> I haven't spoken to anyone but I did start getting answers to my
> email. The name
>> on the Soyo email is "luisb" and according to him my first check was
> sent last
>> fall. They say they've sent a new check and to let them know if it
> hasn't shown
>> up within 3 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I'm not too hopeful.
> Another 2
>> weeks and it will have been ONE YEAR since the postmark date of the
> rebate I
>> sent in.
>>
>> drifter23 wrote:
>> >
>> > I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
>> > (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
>> > soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
> you
>> > won't go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak
> to a
>> > person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
> of
>> > two individuals who will handle your 'dispute' themselves'.
> While I
>> > haven't recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the
> most
>> > helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
>> >
>> > Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2005 4:20:54 PM

Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check arrived.
Let's hope it clears. . . .
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2005 3:23:40 AM

lol
cash it fast!! <g>

"Brandy Sullivan" <spamblocked@nospam.ca> wrote in message

> Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
> arrived.
> Let's hope it clears. . . .
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2005 4:03:36 AM

Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
the check. Faster the better.

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

> lol
> cash it fast!! <g>
>
> > Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
> > arrived.
> > Let's hope it clears. . . .
May 14, 2005 11:35:54 PM

Brandy Sullivan wrote:
> Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
> the check. Faster the better.
>
> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>
>>lol
>>cash it fast!! <g>
>>
>>>Exactly 367 days after I sent the rebate by registered mail, the check
>>>arrived.
>>>Let's hope it clears. . . .
Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.

As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.

It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2005 8:33:02 PM

SOYO RIPP OFFS. MY REBATE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING FOR
ALMOST 10 MONTHS. I CALLED THEM ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THEY SENT ME A
CHECK WHICH NEVER MADE IT TO ME A MONTH AGO. I WAS ALSO TOLD I HAVE
TO WAIT FOR 60 DAYS THEN FILE A COMPLAIN (COMPANY POLICY) HERE IS
THEIR # 1-909 292 2500 EXT 2528. CALL THAT NUMBER YOU WILL BE
SURPRISED. CROOKS. BURN IN HELL SOYO.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2005 2:56:24 AM

I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I've been pursuing this for more
than a year now and repeatedly spoken with several people who just
lied. They kept telling me that the check will be processed. I like
rebates and normally have no problems getting them. I concur with the
earlier post that Soyo is the worst one yet. I think I'll continue to
pester them since I've seen that some people actually got their
rebates.

dyno wrote:
> Brandy Sullivan wrote:
> > Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
> > the check. Faster the better.
> >
> > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> >
> >>lol
> >>cash it fast!! <g>

> Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
> Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
> as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
> have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
> sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
> approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
> check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
> followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
> check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
> would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
> figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
> note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.
>
> As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
> episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
> Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.
>
> It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
> reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.
June 10, 2005 11:02:35 PM

rizal wrote:
> I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I've been pursuing this for more
> than a year now and repeatedly spoken with several people who just
> lied. They kept telling me that the check will be processed. I like
> rebates and normally have no problems getting them. I concur with the
> earlier post that Soyo is the worst one yet. I think I'll continue to
> pester them since I've seen that some people actually got their
> rebates.
>

> dyno wrote:
>
>>Brandy Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah, the it says "Void after 60 days" and it arrived 32 days after the date on
>>>the check. Faster the better.

>>Gads, I hope I don't have to wait that long! I ordered a Soyo SY-KT600
>>Dragon Plus from ZipZoomFly back on 10-18-2004, sent in the rebate forms
>>as required and have been waiting ever since for the $30 check. I should
>>have received the check around the middle of January. Ha! In March I
>>sent them a note inquiring about the status of the check (everthing was
>>approved according to thier verifyrebate.com website). They CLAIM a
>>check was finally mailed on March 24th, 2005. Did I ever get it? Nope. A
>>followup query stated that if I don't get the check in 60 days "Please
>>check back with us". I tried sending a note to ZipZoomFly to see if they
>>would get on Soyo's case about this, but have heard nothing at all. I
>>figured I'm probably not alone in this treatment after seeing a review
>>note on NewEgg's website complaining about Soyo's failure to pay a rebate.
>>
>>As much as I dislike the whole rebate sales tactics, up until this
>>episode, I have always gotten my rebates in a reasonably timely manner.
>>Soyo has been the absolute worst so far.
>>
>>It's really too bad too since the motherboard has been extremely
>>reliable. Dispite this I will not buy another Soyo product.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. I just got a note from the BBB in
which Soyo's response was the same BS I got when I asked about the
status of my check. (if you haven't gotten it in 60 days email and we'll
send a new one). Their BBB rating is "F". Doesn't get any worse than
that! They only made good on about half of the complaints. What a looser
of a company!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 27, 2005 12:34:17 PM

> drifter23wrote:
I contacted Soyo directly. They have you talk to verifyrebate.com
> (who actually manages rebate campaigns for many companies besides
> soyo). I called soyo and then asked for the SALES dept. This way
you
> won’t go straight to verifyrebates. Tell them you want to speak to
> person and not an answering service. They will connect you to one
of
> two individuals who will handle your ’dispute’ themselves’. While
> haven’t recieved my check yet (I just called today), it is the most
> helpful individual I have talked to in 6 months.
>
> Also, SOYO, Inc. has their office in Canada, not California.

Wrong on both counts. Soyo is in CA. They are in a city named
"Ontario" in California, not in the province of Ontario in Canada.

Verifyrebate.com does not process any rebates for any company other
than Soyo. Their front page says as much.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 1, 2005 11:40:21 PM

Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
them again. Who knows.....
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2005 5:37:38 AM

Hi,

In article <1125628821.249068.76920@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote:
#Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
#just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
#money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
#mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
#received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
#closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
#Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
#little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
#them again. Who knows.....

Call your vendor- mwave, tiger, newegg- and ask them to put pressure on
them to give your rebate.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Next quarterly reports we'll see
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | windfall profits from energy companies
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2005 10:19:01 PM

They sent me an email saying I would get my rebate (same date as OP by
myself). We'll see.
September 13, 2005 3:22:05 AM

Ken Marsh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In article <1125628821.249068.76920@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote:
> #Well, it's been one year ago today that I mailed my rebate form in. I
> #just thought I should do a little celebrating me not every getting my
> #money. I called the number above. The 909 number and funny...the
> #mailbox was full! Wonder why? I am currently owed $70. Once I
> #received an email long ago saying I should "wait 12 weeks after it was
> #closed." Once verifyrebate.com even had my name in it (no more).
> #Sigh. I still have no money. I had even forgot about it until I did a
> #little cleaning today and found all my documentation. I've started on
> #them again. Who knows.....
>
> Call your vendor- mwave, tiger, newegg- and ask them to put pressure on
> them to give your rebate.
>
> Ken.
I complained to the Better Business Bureau. That seemed to get some
action as I DID ultimately get my rebate.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2005 7:09:42 PM

I sent them one telling them I hadn't received it yet and they sent me
one saying they are truly sorry but that it has been sent. Again, we
will see.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2005 12:34:22 AM

Hi, my name is Bill Anderson and I am a member of the Pennsylvania
bar, working in Washington, DC. I have read your posting and see
that your experience with Soyo mirrors the experience of numerous
other customers. My law firm specializes in representing consumers.
Recently, we have been investigating many claims regarding Soyo
rebates. In connection with the ongoing investigation, it would be
very useful if I could talk with you about your experience with Soyo,
particularly regarding any difficulty you encountered attempting to
redeem your rebate. If you are interested, please e-mail me at
wanderson@cuneolaw.com or contact me by phone at 202-789-3960. Thank
you in advance for your consideration.
January 9, 2006 2:20:40 AM

I mailed my rebate info to SOYO back in October 2004.
It was actually 3 rebates. One was an online rebate which I recieved. The other two were mail in.
I had to re-submit it through the mail two more times
because they say they never got it. They still said
they did not get it then, after a couple of months of
ignoring my e-mails they said they sent me the checks
a log time ago, but they would send them again. I
never received them. I contacted them by phone and
faxed them the rebates. They finally sent part of my
rebate but not all of it. I contacted them again by
phone and they were rude with a response of "We never
offered that rebate and you can't prove it!" Also,
they had no record of sending me the checks that I had
in my hand. I faxed SOYO copies of the two checks and
the rebate forms again. I have heard nothing. I have
since faxed the information two more times and heard
nothing. I cashed the two checks. At this point all
they owe me is $10.00. It's not about the money. It
is the principle. I want what is owed to me. I can't
understand why a billion dollar company would treat
it's customers like this. They are fighting me over
$10.00! What is wrong with them?

williamanderson, your E-mail does not work.
!