tekken working with mame32

Hey i just start in the wonderful world of mame,

finally i can play some good old pacman.

I've donwloaded tekken, and tekken 2 but it looks like i cant run them
with mame 32, (i use a 2.66ghz laptop, 512m ram and 64meg video card
and win xp.)

The problem doesnt seems to be the computer cuz i cant find the game in
the list of mame32.

I saw (search in this ng) that non-working game can be hide from the
list, can that be my problem.

Also can it be something else, maybe this emulator doesnt play those
game.I have the same problem with vitua cops(well the complete virtua
serie, virtua fighter 1-2 .... also time crisis....) And revolution x,
looks like i'm missin the u76 file, where can i get only this part and
if i get it how do i make it work.

I was wondering to know if it was normal to create the Roms folder, cuz
it wasn't there at first, and how do i manage .chd in the folder. do i
only put them in the Roms folder or do i have to do something specific
with it.

thx for your help, i'll keep searching the web for my answer.

thx, for a quick response,

the u76 thing, i'm not usere exactly what it is.

but when i start revolution x, theres a bunch of squares, like u71
u73 ...
like that

--------------
| U71 |
|_______ | ......

they blink for about 5 seconde each before it goes to the next u71..
(file or thing)

and u76 is the last, after flashing it gives me an error.

just in case somebody knows it, but never mind, i'm happy with all the
other games.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> thx, for a quick response,
>

> the u76 thing, i'm not usere exactly what it is.
>
> but when i start revolution x, theres a bunch of squares, like u71
> u73 ...
> like that
>
> --------------
>| U71 |
>|_______ | ......

MAME is a hardware emulator, this screen is the same screen you would
see if you had the actual machine and just turned the game on. The
Boot Sequence if you will...

> they blink for about 5 seconde each before it goes to the next
> u71.. (file or thing)
>

> and u76 is the last, after flashing it gives me an error.

What error?

EXACT Phrasing would be helpful.

--
David

SINNER schrieb:

> EXACT Phrasing would be helpful.

He's talking about the normal gun calibration error.....

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Roman Scherzer Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER schrieb:
>
>> EXACT Phrasing would be helpful.
>

> He's talking about the normal gun calibration error.....

And a mind reader AND a Programming God? Wht next man?

:)

--
David

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * Roman Scherzer Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> SINNER schrieb:
>>> EXACT Phrasing would be helpful.
>> He's talking about the normal gun calibration error.....
> And a mind reader AND a Programming God? Wht next man?
> :)

I'm hoping a rich man that loves spreading the joy of arcade games by
giving us free arcade machines and/or parts.

SINNER schrieb:
> * Roman Scherzer Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>>SINNER schrieb:
>>

>>>EXACT Phrasing would be helpful.
>>

>>He's talking about the normal gun calibration error.....
>>

> And a mind reader AND a Programming God? Wht next man?

MAME FAQ

thx a lot, i've read the mame faq, i check it over again.

i'll try to post the exact error message.

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com schrieb:
> thx a lot, i've read the mame faq, i check it over again.
>
> i'll try to post the exact error message.

search the faq for revolution and you'll find how to calibrate the
controls. The message is about not-loading the calibrate data.