Upgrading PPC 2000 to 2003

July 21, 2004 12:17:28 PM

I have an IPAQ 3650 with PPC 2000 OS would like to
upgrade to PPC 2003 OS. Is it possible?? If so are there
any special steps I have to take to make sure it goes
smoothly?
Thanks for any help.
Jon
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 11:02:18 PM

"Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an IPAQ 3650 with PPC 2000 OS would like to
> upgrade to PPC 2003 OS. Is it possible?? If so are there
> any special steps I have to take to make sure it goes
> smoothly?
> Thanks for any help.
> Jon

Sorry Jon,
The 3600 series can not upgrade to 2003.

You can upgrade the 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 though, but the upgrade may be
hard to find nowadays. Perhaps you can find it on ebay - that seems to be
about the only place now.

I upgraded my 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 and it did give me a couple of
improvements that I liked.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 3:26:41 AM

"clevelandtech" <clevelandtech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<_4zLc.2759$oE6.117@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>...

> I upgraded my 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 and it did give me a couple of
> improvements that I liked.

My Dell Axim X5 w/2003 has been acting up (touchscreen intermittently
ignores any input until you give the PPC a good thumping!) so I went
back to using my Audiovox Maestro (PPC 2002).

I was amazed at how little I missed the improvements in PPC 2003,
especially since I thought the upgrade to 2003 was a big deal when I
first installed it in the Dell.

When I had to send my Maestro in for service (I must be hard on PPCs!)
I had to go back to my Casio E-115 (a PPC 2000 device) and I
distinctly remember missing the improvements of PPC 2002.

I guess I'm saying the upgrade from 2000 to 2002 was a bigger deal (to
the end user), IMHO, than the 2002 to 2003 upgrade.

(Having said that, I realize a lot more went on "behind the scenes"
since 2003 uses a new underlying OS, but to me as a user- not a
developer- the 2002 upgrade was a major advance, and '03 was a like a
"tweaking" of '02.)
Related resources
September 2, 2004 5:27:14 PM

Hello all,

I have the upgrade, if anyone is interested send $15 US (Money Orders only)
to :

Darryl Johnson
10 Hosea Rd
Beaufort, SC 29906

843-982-2012
Can only mail to US address.

In message <_4zLc.2759$oE6.117@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>, "clevelandtech"

--
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

Are you sure that it is PC2000-->PC2003 ? There is a PC2000-->PC2002
upgrade, but I have never seen a upgrade (Public or Beta) from Microsoft,
Compaq or HP that takes it up 2 levels, only one.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"DJ" <mniddj@charter.net> wrote in message

> Hello all,
>
> I have the upgrade, if anyone is interested send $15 US (Money Orders
> only)
> to :
>
> Darryl Johnson
> 10 Hosea Rd
> Beaufort, SC 29906
>
> 843-982-2012
> Can only mail to US address.
>

> In message <_4zLc.2759$oE6.117@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>,
> "clevelandtech"
> <clevelandtech@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have an IPAQ 3650 with PPC 2000 OS would like to
>> > upgrade to PPC 2003 OS. Is it possible?? If so are there
>> > any special steps I have to take to make sure it goes
>> > smoothly?
>> > Thanks for any help.
>> > Jon
>>
>> Sorry Jon,
>> The 3600 series can not upgrade to 2003.
>>
>> You can upgrade the 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 though, but the upgrade may be
>> hard to find nowadays. Perhaps you can find it on ebay - that seems to
> be
>> about the only place now.
>>
>> I upgraded my 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 and it did give me a couple of
>> improvements that I liked.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

> --
> Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
> Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 3:25:23 AM

And I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale, just send me some
cash and its yours ;)

Mitch

"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in message
> Are you sure that it is PC2000-->PC2003 ? There is a PC2000-->PC2002
> upgrade, but I have never seen a upgrade (Public or Beta) from Microsoft,
> Compaq or HP that takes it up 2 levels, only one.
>
> --
> Tedd Riggs
> PDA Square Content Developer
> www.pdasquare.com
> Redmond, WA
>

> "DJ" <mniddj@charter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have the upgrade, if anyone is interested send $15 US (Money Orders
>> only)
>> to :
>>
>> Darryl Johnson
>> 10 Hosea Rd
>> Beaufort, SC 29906
>>
>> 843-982-2012
>> Can only mail to US address.
>>

>> In message <_4zLc.2759$oE6.117@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>,
>> "clevelandtech"
>> <clevelandtech@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Sorry Jon,
>>> The 3600 series can not upgrade to 2003.
>>>
>>> You can upgrade the 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 though, but the upgrade may
>>> be
>>> hard to find nowadays. Perhaps you can find it on ebay - that seems to
>> be
>>> about the only place now.
>>>
>>> I upgraded my 3650 to Pocket PC 2002 and it did give me a couple of
>>> improvements that I liked.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>

>> --
>> Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
>> Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 2:38:46 PM

Thats odd, my uncle in Nigeria happens to have $30 million to buy that
ocean front property. Just send me your bank details and we'll have
the cash wired over for a small administration fee ;-)

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:25:23 GMT, "Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>And I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale, just send me some
>cash and its yours ;)
>
>Mitch
>

>"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.cöm> wrote in message
>> Are you sure that it is PC2000-->PC2003 ? There is a PC2000-->PC2002
>> upgrade, but I have never seen a upgrade (Public or Beta) from Microsoft,
>> Compaq or HP that takes it up 2 levels, only one.
>>
>> --
>> Tedd Riggs
>> PDA Square Content Developer
>> www.pdasquare.com
>> Redmond, WA
>>

>> "DJ" <mniddj@charter.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have the upgrade, if anyone is interested send $15 US (Money Orders
>>> only)
>>> to :
>>>
>>> Darryl Johnson
>>> 10 Hosea Rd
>>> Beaufort, SC 29906
>>>
>>> 843-982-2012
>>> Can only mail to US address.
>>>

>>> In message <_4zLc.2759$oE6.117@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>,

>>> be

>>> --
>>> Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
>>> Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

September 6, 2004 8:06:25 PM

Sorry about that,
I have PPC2000->PPC2002 for IPAQ 3600.
I meant no disrespect.
J.
In message <b7jgj0dspfun0l1j38jlv0l5uo6oru7aqg@4ax.com>, "Neil Smith [MVP
Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote:

> Thats odd, my uncle in Nigeria happens to have $30 million to buy that
> ocean front property. Just send me your bank details and we'll have
> the cash wired over for a small administration fee ;-)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:25:23 GMT, "Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >And I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale, just send me some
> >cash and its yours ;)
> >
> >Mitch
> >

> >"Tedd Riggs" <T_Riggs@msn.c?m> wrote in message
> >> Are you sure that it is PC2000-->PC2003 ? There is a PC2000-->PC2002
> >> upgrade, but I have never seen a upgrade (Public or Beta) from Microsoft,
> >> Compaq or HP that takes it up 2 levels, only one.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tedd Riggs
> >> PDA Square Content Developer
> >> www.pdasquare.com
> >> Redmond, WA
> >>

> >> "DJ" <mniddj@charter.net> wrote in message

--
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:55:37 AM

Jon,
It was not taken as disrespect, only a error on the version numbers as
it's easy to get them mixed up.
Are you still in need of the update ?
Tedd

--