  • Hard Drives
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 18, 2005 7:29:11 PM

When I first got my USB Hard Drive it would work with any USB port.
Now it only works on a few computers on campus. The ones that it works
on are all USB 2.0. It won't work anymore on any USB 1.1 even though
it did before. The model is a Soyo CigarPro with 20GB of memory.
Anyone know how I can get it to work on USB 1.1 machines again?

More about : usb cigarpro

April 18, 2005 7:36:05 PM

Heres more info: the lights on the device work when I plug it into any
machine. However, nothing happens. The device isn't recognized. The
fact that the device is not recognized is not recognized. The
exception to this is when I remove the USB ports in the device manager.
After I do this, the computer will tell me that the device is not
recognized, once, but never again until I remoe the USB ports again.
Don't know if that helps.