Removal from host of a Wireless network place (other compu..

How can I remove former employees' computers from our wireless internet
connectionso that they do not network access in windows XP?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

It depends on How your security is set.

A simple solution might be to use the MAC filtering,

If you currently have MAC filtering you can remove his MAC address, or block
his MAC address if you know it.

Or add now MAC filtering that includes only your current computers.

However you have to develop a Security system and a strategy for the long
run (might be with IAS/RADUIS Server).

WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"sstanjb" <sstanjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I remove former employees' computers from our wireless internet
> connectionso that they do not network access in windows XP?

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Change the encryption key, setup filtering by MAC, probably couple of other
ways too.