Sidewinder Force feedback Pro Divers

I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
drivers files?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder force feedback divers

    To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

    Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
    folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
    compatible>Windows 98

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
    the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
    drivers files?

    Thanks!

    Do not use Windows 98 drivers in any version of XP. They are not compatible
    since Windows 98 drivers are in VxD style and XP uses WDM now. Also,
    gameport drivers have/are being "phased out".

    "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    > To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel
    > /
    > Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    > Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.
    >

    > Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
    > folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
    > compatible>Windows 98
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en
    >

    > --
    > Good Day
    > River Rat
    >

    > "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont
    > have
    > the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
    > drivers files?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Ive done this but it still will not recognize it.

    "River_Rat" wrote:

    > To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    > Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    > Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.
    >

    > Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
    > folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
    > compatible>Windows 98
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en
    >

    > --
    > Good Day
    > River Rat
    >

    > "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
    > the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
    > drivers files?
    >
    > Thanks!

    If you added the device in the Control Panel as suggested by River_Rat then
    it is likely that your issue is a misconfigured gameport, or you have more
    than one gameport in the system. Check Device Manager to see if it has more
    than one gameport exposed and if it does you'll need to turn off the one
    that is built into your motherboard. If you only have one listed make sure
    it isn't having issues (noted by a yellow (!)). Usually most gameport issues
    can be solved by getting updated soundcard drivers.

    Joshua Smith
    OpenGL Test Lab
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    > Ive done this but it still will not recognize it.
    >

    > "River_Rat" wrote:
    >
    >> To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel
    >> /
    >> Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    >> Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.
    >>

    >> Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
    >> folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
    >> compatible>Windows 98
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en
    >>

    >> --
    >> Good Day
    >> River Rat
    >>

    >> "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont
    >> have
    >> the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
    >> drivers files?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

Hardware Drivers Microsoft Windows XP