Sidewinder Force feedback Pro Divers

I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
drivers files?

Thanks!

To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
compatible>Windows 98

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en

--
Good Day
River Rat

"Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
drivers files?

Thanks!

Do not use Windows 98 drivers in any version of XP. They are not compatible
since Windows 98 drivers are in VxD style and XP uses WDM now. Also,
gameport drivers have/are being "phased out".

"River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel
> /
> Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
> Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.
>

> Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
> folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
> compatible>Windows 98
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en
>

> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont
> have
> the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
> drivers files?
>
> Thanks!

Ive done this but it still will not recognize it.

"River_Rat" wrote:

> To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
> Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
> Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.
>

> Here is the 98 drivers you might be able to make work by downloading to a
> folder then right click go to properties>Compatibility>Run this program
> compatible>Windows 98
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97d044f9-6f55-4804-9cf0-f97c5d5f891b&DisplayLang=en
>

> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Aragorn392" <Aragorn392@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback pro but i dont have
> the drivers and my computer wont recognize it. Can some one send me the
> drivers files?
>
> Thanks!

If you added the device in the Control Panel as suggested by River_Rat then
it is likely that your issue is a misconfigured gameport, or you have more
than one gameport in the system. Check Device Manager to see if it has more
than one gameport exposed and if it does you'll need to turn off the one
that is built into your motherboard. If you only have one listed make sure
it isn't having issues (noted by a yellow (!)). Usually most gameport issues
can be solved by getting updated soundcard drivers.

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----