sy-kt600 Dragon Plus v2.0 no beep no response

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2005 1:31:29 AM

I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up CPU,
memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+ mb
I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the parts
from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration is:

CPU: Athlon XP 1800
memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
Power: Antec 350W ATX

Why the mb does work with this configuration?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2005 2:14:23 AM

"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up
CPU,
> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+
mb
> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the
parts
> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration
is:

> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
> Power: Antec 350W ATX
>
> Why the mb does work with this configuration?

Additional information:

I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
few questions:

Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.
Does anyone know what the voltage is?
Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

Thank you in advance.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2005 3:48:59 PM

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:

>"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up
>CPU,
>> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+
>mb
>> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the
>parts
>> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration
>is:
>>
>> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
>> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
>> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
>> Power: Antec 350W ATX
>>
>> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
>>

>Additional information:
>
>I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
>few questions:
>
>Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
>Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

>Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
>voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.
Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

>Does anyone know what the voltage is?
>Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?
no

>Thank you in advance.
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2005 9:40:51 AM

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up
> >CPU,
> >> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v
D+
> >mb
> >> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the
> >parts
> >> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system
configuration
> >is:
> >>
> >> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
> >> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
> >> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
> >> Power: Antec 350W ATX
> >>
> >> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
> >>

> >Additional information:
> >
> >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have
> >few questions:
> >
> >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
> >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
>
> >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
> >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something
else.
> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
>
> >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
> >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?
> no
> >
> >Thank you in advance.

Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
Memory:
I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
well.

GC:
I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

Thanks agian!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2005 3:24:53 PM

On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:

>"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> >"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> >CPU,
>D+
>> >mb
>> >parts
>configuration
>> >is:

>> >Additional information:
>> >
>> >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have
>> >few questions:
>> >
>> >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
>> >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
>> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
>> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
>>
>> >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
>> >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something
>else.
>> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
>>
>> >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
>> >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?
>> no
>> >
>> >Thank you in advance.
>>

>Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
>Memory:
>I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
>I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
>well.
>
>GC:
>I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
more plain one and see if that is the problem.
slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
can almost always underclock.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 12:30:54 AM

> On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message

> >D+
> >configuration

> >> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
> >> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

> >else.
> >> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

> >> no

> >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
> >Memory:
> >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC
2600.
> >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
> >well.
> >
> >GC:
> >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
> >
> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> can almost always underclock.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
doesn't mean the mb is defective?

Regards,
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 6:34:58 AM

On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:

>"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> >"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message

>up
>k7v
>> >D+
>the
>> >configuration

>have

>> >else.

>> >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
>> >Memory:
>> >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC
>2600.
>> >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
>> >well.
>> >
>> >GC:
>> >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
>> >
>> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
>> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
>> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
>> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
>> can almost always underclock.
>>
>Thank you very much for your suggestions.
>I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
>but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
>the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
>can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
>don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
>problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
>mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
>doesn't mean the mb is defective?
>
>Regards,
Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2005 1:36:11 AM

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
news:o tll71dnmj03hh5nm58ko6a1rkm6mdnbp7@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message

> >up
> >k7v
> >the

> >have

> >2600.

> >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> >> can almost always underclock.
> >>
> >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
> >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked
with
> >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work
properly--it
> >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
> >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
> >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.
kt600
> >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...
It
> >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> >
> >Regards,
> Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

I have already set cpu and fan a few time on the mb, but it didn't work.
When I got my old D+ mb, Soyo tech service replaced the mb 5 times (all
defective except the last one--but only worked less than two years). Maybe,
I got another defective mb from Soyo again? Well, anyway, Thank you for
helping me. If you have any other idea to help me to solve this problem,
please let me know.

Regards,
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2005 1:40:42 AM

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
news:o tll71dnmj03hh5nm58ko6a1rkm6mdnbp7@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message

> >up
> >k7v
> >the

> >have

> >2600.

> >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> >> can almost always underclock.
> >>
> >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
> >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked
with
> >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work
properly--it
> >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
> >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
> >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.
kt600
> >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...
It
> >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> >
> >Regards,
> Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

P.S.
I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
they have never repled except an automated notification email for recieving
my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will reply
in 48 hours... :(
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2005 4:47:18 AM

> "f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> news:o tll71dnmj03hh5nm58ko6a1rkm6mdnbp7@4ax.com...
> > On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:
> >

> > >"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message

> set
> > >up
> > >k7v
> > >the

Besides,
> > >have

> at

> the
> something

> > >2600.
> worked

> > >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> > >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz
FBS,
> > >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked
> with
> > >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work
> properly--it
> > >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and
> > >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind
of
> > >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.
> kt600
> > >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...
> It
> > >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> > >
> > >Regards,
> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
> >
> P.S.
> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
> they have never repled except an automated notification email for
recieving
> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will
reply
> in 48 hours... :(

I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
tech support this time again. Before I leave
I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
problem. Bye Bye SOYO...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2005 7:09:54 PM

On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:47:18 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:

>"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
>> news:o tll71dnmj03hh5nm58ko6a1rkm6mdnbp7@4ax.com...

>> set
>have
>used

>Besides,

>> at

>> the
>> something

>> worked

>FBS,
>> with
>> properly--it
>of
>> kt600
>> It

>> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
>> >
>> P.S.
>> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
>> they have never repled except an automated notification email for
>recieving
>> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will
>reply
>> in 48 hours... :(
>>

>I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
>A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
>my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
>less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
>tech support this time again. Before I leave
>I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
>problem. Bye Bye SOYO...
I am sorry to hear that, I have had nothing but good luck from Soyo. I
own 7 or 8 boards from them.
Knocking on wood here!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2005 7:10:37 PM

On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:47:18 -0400, "samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote:

>"samoh" <samohn@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
>> news:o tll71dnmj03hh5nm58ko6a1rkm6mdnbp7@4ax.com...

>> set
>have
>used

>Besides,

>> at

>> the
>> something

>> worked

>FBS,
>> with
>> properly--it
>of
>> kt600
>> It

>> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
>> >
>> P.S.
>> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
>> they have never repled except an automated notification email for
>recieving
>> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will
>reply
>> in 48 hours... :(
>>

>I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
>A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
>my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
>less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
>tech support this time again. Before I leave
>I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
>problem. Bye Bye SOYO...
I AM glad you got it figured it out though!!!!!
!