confusing memory labels for KT600 Dragon+ v2.0

I want to buy 2 1GIG mem modules for my KT600 Dragon+ v2.0

At first I wanted to buy the ones here:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=1GBDDR2700-N&cat=RAM

But I wanted something cheaper.

So I go to pricewatch where WOW, it seems that 1GB DDR 2700 moduless
are available for $58-59. I'm thinking I can save money.
The Generic / Unbranded - 1GB PC2700 here
http://www.portatech.com/catalog/viewitem.asp?ID=7635

The Generic - High Density - Limited Compatibility - 1GB PC2700 here
http://www.smksuperstore.com/catalog/viewitem.asp?ID=7635

But the doubt creeps in because apparently not all same labeled
modules are the same.

Would any of these modules work with the KT600 motherboard? I
cuurently have no memory.

thanx

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:29:16 +0000,
patrick@dillydrop-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (spark-e) wrote:

>I want to buy 2 1GIG mem modules for my KT600 Dragon+ v2.0
>
>At first I wanted to buy the ones here:
>http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=1GBDDR2700-N&cat=RAM
>
>But I wanted something cheaper.
>
>So I go to pricewatch where WOW, it seems that 1GB DDR 2700 moduless
>are available for $58-59. I'm thinking I can save money.
>The Generic / Unbranded - 1GB PC2700 here
>http://www.portatech.com/catalog/viewitem.asp?ID=7635
>
>The Generic - High Density - Limited Compatibility - 1GB PC2700 here
>http://www.smksuperstore.com/catalog/viewitem.asp?ID=7635
>
>But the doubt creeps in because apparently not all same labeled
>modules are the same.
>
>Would any of these modules work with the KT600 motherboard? I
>cuurently have no memory.
>
>thanx
As long as it is PC2100 up to PC3200 memory it should work in the
baord. The GOOD memory is generally for overclocking, I DID say
generally! The OKAY memory is usually okay for everyday normal use but
it is certified to run at the speed advertised ONLY! If you overclock
buy GOOD memory!!!! Also OKAY memory will have more bad pieces than
GOOD memory. That can be a pain when buying over the net.
I buy both depedning on what i am going to be doing with it, I usually
buy OKAY memory but I do have some GOOD memory laying around.
ALSO mixing GOOD memory and OKAY memory will not always work.
The memory will slow down to the speed of the slowest piece.

The folks at Enet tell me that if I select my chipset then they will
make sure they give me the right memory module so, for the time being
(and for memory less tham $70) I'll go with them.

Thanks for all the advice.

spark-e