secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE

July 21, 2004 12:55:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.os.ms-windows.ce,microsoft.public.windowsce (More info?)

We have developed a FTP client for Pocket PC 2002 (patched with EUU3)
with eVC++. It is based on InternetOpen, InternetConnect,
InternetReadFile/WriteFile (for download), ReadFile/InternetWriteFile
(for upload) as indicated by MS to overcome a bug in the FtpPutFile
and FtpGetFile.

Now we need to add "secure FTP" features, ideally FTPs (ie using
SSL/TLS) or even sFTP (ie using SSH). I searched in several groups
(microsoft.public.pocketpc, comp.os.ms-windows.ce,
microsoft.public.windowsce) for directions but didn't find anything
really useful. Is there any other website/group I should look at?

Is there any library, commercial or open source (even if it needs
porting), that does the job? Is it better (I think of portability) to
work with sockets instead of using (bugged) Wininet? Would be easier
to implement the "secure FTP" for MS Mobile 2003 or WinCE 4.2 (in
eVC++).

Any help is much appreciated.

giansalvo
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:47:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.os.ms-windows.ce,microsoft.public.windowsce (More info?)

Yes, microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

~S.

ggusinu@yahoo.it (Giansalvo Gusinu) wrote in

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.os.ms-windows.ce,microsoft.public.windowsce (More info?)

I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
look up
secure ftp windows ce
and got 2450 hits. That would be a lot to wade through, but a quick
glance suggests you'll find useful leads quickly.

On 21 Jul 2004 08:55:28 -0700, ggusinu@yahoo.it (Giansalvo Gusinu)
wrote:

>We have developed a FTP client for Pocket PC 2002 (patched with EUU3)
>with eVC++. It is based on InternetOpen, InternetConnect,
>InternetReadFile/WriteFile (for download), ReadFile/InternetWriteFile
>(for upload) as indicated by MS to overcome a bug in the FtpPutFile
>and FtpGetFile.
>
>Now we need to add "secure FTP" features, ideally FTPs (ie using
>SSL/TLS) or even sFTP (ie using SSH). I searched in several groups
>(microsoft.public.pocketpc, comp.os.ms-windows.ce,
>microsoft.public.windowsce) for directions but didn't find anything
>really useful. Is there any other website/group I should look at?
>
>Is there any library, commercial or open source (even if it needs
>porting), that does the job? Is it better (I think of portability) to
>work with sockets instead of using (bugged) Wininet? Would be easier
>to implement the "secure FTP" for MS Mobile 2003 or WinCE 4.2 (in
>eVC++).
>
>Any help is much appreciated.
>
>giansalvo

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP