RAM and CPU Question

If my motherboard (KT600 Dragon + v1.0) takes DDR SDRAM Frequencies: PC1600,
PC2100, PC2700, and PC3200, but my CPU only has a FSB speed of 266mhz, do I
need to use only PC2100 or can I use PC3200 and just upgrade the CPU later?

Also, my current CPU is AMD XP 2400+ Throughbred - what new CPU can be
popped into that board that has a FSB speed to match the PC3200 DDR RAM?

TIA,

-Tom

Tom Rogers wrote:
> If my motherboard (KT600 Dragon + v1.0) takes DDR SDRAM Frequencies:
PC1600,
> PC2100, PC2700, and PC3200, but my CPU only has a FSB speed of
266mhz, do I
> need to use only PC2100 or can I use PC3200 and just upgrade the CPU
later?

> Also, my current CPU is AMD XP 2400+ Throughbred - what new CPU can
be
> popped into that board that has a FSB speed to match the PC3200 DDR
RAM?

> TIA,
>
> -Tom

You can use PC3200 ram with your present cpu, just set the dram clock
manually to DDR266 speeds, not auto. Later on, you can replace your
current cpu with one that runs a fsb of 200mhz and just reset the
dram clock to match. The Barton 3200+ chip will run at 200mhz and match
the speed of PC3200 ram.

Andy

\\
..