K8USA, anyone got the IDE Raid to work?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 13, 2005 1:32:05 PM

I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
SATA would be nice later on.

More about : k8usa ide raid work

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2005 12:13:47 AM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
wrote:

>I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
>com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
>SATA would be nice later on.

You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.
May 14, 2005 4:43:25 AM

>On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
>>com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
>>SATA would be nice later on.
>>
>You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
>fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
>I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.

I'm wondering if I can just use a SATA drive (not as raid) to get my
needed 4 HD's. 2 on ide 1 & dvd & hd on ide 2 & one hd on SATA?
Would that work?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2005 9:34:48 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:43:25 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
wrote:

>>On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
>>>com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
>>>SATA would be nice later on.
>>>
>>You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
>>fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
>>I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.
>
>I'm wondering if I can just use a SATA drive (not as raid) to get my
>needed 4 HD's. 2 on ide 1 & dvd & hd on ide 2 & one hd on SATA?
>Would that work?
I don't know.
!