K8USA, anyone got the IDE Raid to work?

I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
SATA would be nice later on.

More about k8usa raid work

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
    wrote:

    >I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
    >com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
    >SATA would be nice later on.

    You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
    fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
    I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    >On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
    >>com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
    >>SATA would be nice later on.
    >>
    >You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
    >fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
    >I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.

    I'm wondering if I can just use a SATA drive (not as raid) to get my
    needed 4 HD's. 2 on ide 1 & dvd & hd on ide 2 & one hd on SATA?
    Would that work?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:43:25 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
    wrote:

    >>On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:32:05 -0500, Benthere <bornagain@ holy.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
    >>>com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
    >>>SATA would be nice later on.
    >>>
    >>You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
    >>fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
    >>I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.
    >
    >I'm wondering if I can just use a SATA drive (not as raid) to get my
    >needed 4 HD's. 2 on ide 1 & dvd & hd on ide 2 & one hd on SATA?
    >Would that work?
    I don't know.

NAS / RAID Motherboards