Changing networks with offline files and folders

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
April 8, 2005 3:23:02 PM

I have a situation here where my clients use laptops in a docked and wired
configuration and in an undocked and wireless configuration. Typically, the
user will be docked with both the wired and wireless connections are enabled.
Network connections function normally. The user then pulls the laptop out
of the dock, and only has the wireless connection. When attempting to
connect to network shares, they appear empty, even in cases where the user
re-docks. As soon as the user undocks and loses the wired connection, and
offline files and folders icon appears in the taskbar to notify the user they
have lost their wired connection. If the user acknoldges this notification,
access to the shares works normally. I am looking for a solution so the user
will not be prompted with this notification, and will connect to the share
regardless of wired or wireless state, provided they are on our network.

Has anyone dealt with this or have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance,

Barb
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 8, 2005 10:20:33 PM

Have you considered disabling the WIRED connection and having them use
WIRELESS whether or not they are docked?
--
William L. Whipple
WWW.EZine.Com

!