martin

While i was playing counterstrike suddenly i had no sound anymore. I haven´t
changed anything on my computer recently and i have an uptodate anti virus
programm. The only way to get sound again is to restart the computer. This
is really getting on my nerves.......

I´m using Windows XP Home, a cheap creative sound card (uptodate drivers).

Thanks for any suggestions.

nor

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

Sometimes, for no good reason, my sound is muted also, after I have used a
game or other program with sound. Is this what happened? If so, did you
notice if the speaker icon in the task bar had a red X through it? If so,
then just click on it to see if something has set it to mute. This is just
something I have to do every now and then.

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While i was playing counterstrike suddenly i had no sound anymore. I
> haven´t
> changed anything on my computer recently and i have an uptodate anti virus
> programm. The only way to get sound again is to restart the computer.
> This
> is really getting on my nerves.......
>
> I´m using Windows XP Home, a cheap creative sound card (uptodate drivers).
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

martin

Thanks for this idea but this problems comes up not AFTER i played anything
but suddenly while i am playing games. Also the speaker icon isn´t crossed
out or anything like it. In the meantime i have run the whole lot of
diagnostic programs that i have but no change.

Thanks anyway....

Martin wrote:

> Thanks for this idea but this problems comes up not AFTER i played anything
> but suddenly while i am playing games. Also the speaker icon isn´t crossed
> out or anything like it. In the meantime i have run the whole lot of
> diagnostic programs that i have but no change.
>
> Thanks anyway....
>
> "nor" wrote:
>
> > Sometimes, for no good reason, my sound is muted also, after I have used a
> > game or other program with sound. Is this what happened? If so, did you
> > notice if the speaker icon in the task bar had a red X through it? If so,
> > then just click on it to see if something has set it to mute. This is just
> > something I have to do every now and then.
> >
> > "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > While i was playing counterstrike suddenly i had no sound anymore. I
> > > haven´t
> > > changed anything on my computer recently and i have an uptodate anti virus
> > > programm. The only way to get sound again is to restart the computer.
> > > This
> > > is really getting on my nerves.......
> > >
> > > I´m using Windows XP Home, a cheap creative sound card (uptodate drivers).
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions.

This is C.S. game problems. You can try to update it for fix the
problem.
I just exit and play again, the sound will come back.