Slow mouse

Hi
I have just bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop,
Keyboard and mouse, everything is installed and working nice
but I cant seem to get the mouse to move fast enough, every
thing is set to fast in set-up but its not quite as fast as I like it.
is there a tweak I can try to get a bit more speed?
Also, is there a way of assigning the side-to-side scrolling
buttons to the page back and forward buttons on a web browser
as it is lacking the thumb and little finger buttons I had on my
Intellimouse.
Thanks in advance
Bob
1 answer Last reply
More about slow mouse

    Re speed: There's usually a setting called "acceleration" or sometimes
    "precision" which "gears up" the pointer speed if you move the mouse faster.
    Might do the trick.

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London
    "BoB" <not.today@spam.boys> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have just bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop,
    > Keyboard and mouse, everything is installed and working nice
    > but I cant seem to get the mouse to move fast enough, every
    > thing is set to fast in set-up but its not quite as fast as I like it.
    > is there a tweak I can try to get a bit more speed?
    > Also, is there a way of assigning the side-to-side scrolling
    > buttons to the page back and forward buttons on a web browser
    > as it is lacking the thumb and little finger buttons I had on my
    > Intellimouse.
    > Thanks in advance
    > Bob

Mice Wireless Optical Desktop Microsoft Windows XP