WANTED: Singel CPU based board with 64bit PCI-X slot (NO P..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 24, 2005 12:21:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soltek,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:

- Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
- 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
- Minimal 2 PCI slots.
- Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
(please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
PCI-X!!!)

If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Dhr. Geert Pirens

More about : wanted singel cpu based board 64bit pci slot

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 24, 2005 1:50:01 AM

MoRpHeUs wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:
>
> - Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
> - 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
> - Minimal 2 PCI slots.
> - Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
> (please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
> PCI-X!!!)
>
> If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Dhr. Geert Pirens

If you want PCI-X and AGP 8X from Tyan - or just about any other
motherboard manufacturer - you are going to have to get a dualie
motherboard. Nothing says you can't leave one of the CPU sockets
empty. Now that almost everyone wants PCI-E, many bargains can
be found for new and used dualie motherboards that don't have
PCI-E. A friend of mine, for example, got a Tyan S2885 last
month for $200 from someone who upgraded to a S2895.

SuperMicro, however, does (or at least used to) make a board that
fits your description. I can't remember the model number so you
are going to have to look for yourself at www.supermicro.com.
The hard part will be finding someone to sell you a single board.

Other than the SuperMicro board, the only single socket
motherboard with PCI-X that I have heard of was a socket 479 (for
Pentium-M). Made by A-Open or DFI - can't remember which. It
only had AGP 4x but I don't think you should let that deter you -
even 3+ years after the debute of AGP 8x, video cards do very
little to take advantage of it.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 24, 2005 6:13:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soltek,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

Thanks for your GREAT reaction!!!!!

"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
news:D 8Gue.1782103$Xk.1082306@pd7tw3no...
> MoRpHeUs wrote:
>> Dear Sir or Madam,
>>
>> I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:
>>
>> - Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
>> - 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
>> - Minimal 2 PCI slots.
>> - Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
>> (please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
>> PCI-X!!!)
>>
>> If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dhr. Geert Pirens
>
> If you want PCI-X and AGP 8X from Tyan - or just about any other
> motherboard manufacturer - you are going to have to get a dualie
> motherboard. Nothing says you can't leave one of the CPU sockets empty.
> Now that almost everyone wants PCI-E, many bargains can be found for new
> and used dualie motherboards that don't have PCI-E. A friend of mine, for
> example, got a Tyan S2885 last month for $200 from someone who upgraded to
> a S2895.
>
> SuperMicro, however, does (or at least used to) make a board that fits
> your description. I can't remember the model number so you are going to
> have to look for yourself at www.supermicro.com. The hard part will be
> finding someone to sell you a single board.
>
> Other than the SuperMicro board, the only single socket motherboard with
> PCI-X that I have heard of was a socket 479 (for Pentium-M). Made by
> A-Open or DFI - can't remember which. It only had AGP 4x but I don't think
> you should let that deter you - even 3+ years after the debute of AGP 8x,
> video cards do very little to take advantage of it.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 26, 2005 2:37:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soltek,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

try Iwill, I haven't checked, but they too make highend boards

Good luck

Henrik

PS: I'll just enjoy my dual - with PCI-x

"MoRpHeUs" <on1dqd@pandora.be-NoSpam> wrote in message
> Thanks for your GREAT reaction!!!!!
>

> "Rob Stow" <rob.stow@shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
> news:D 8Gue.1782103$Xk.1082306@pd7tw3no...
>> MoRpHeUs wrote:
>>> Dear Sir or Madam,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:
>>>
>>> - Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
>>> - 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
>>> - Minimal 2 PCI slots.
>>> - Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
>>> (please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
>>> PCI-X!!!)
>>>
>>> If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Dhr. Geert Pirens
>>
>> If you want PCI-X and AGP 8X from Tyan - or just about any other
>> motherboard manufacturer - you are going to have to get a dualie
>> motherboard. Nothing says you can't leave one of the CPU sockets empty.
>> Now that almost everyone wants PCI-E, many bargains can be found for new
>> and used dualie motherboards that don't have PCI-E. A friend of mine,
>> for example, got a Tyan S2885 last month for $200 from someone who
>> upgraded to a S2895.
>>
>> SuperMicro, however, does (or at least used to) make a board that fits
>> your description. I can't remember the model number so you are going to
>> have to look for yourself at www.supermicro.com. The hard part will be
>> finding someone to sell you a single board.
>>
>> Other than the SuperMicro board, the only single socket motherboard with
>> PCI-X that I have heard of was a socket 479 (for Pentium-M). Made by
>> A-Open or DFI - can't remember which. It only had AGP 4x but I don't
>> think you should let that deter you - even 3+ years after the debute of
>> AGP 8x, video cards do very little to take advantage of it.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2005 9:32:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

Supermicro P4SCT for one

!