BOOT FAILS: sy-p4rc350 and Adaptec SCSI (only one disk)

Hi.
I have sy-p4rc350 and I was able to boot NT 2k installation from CD (CD
is on second IDE - slave, 1st IDE is disabled) and finish it
successfully, but after rebooting the PC I got "Reboot and select
proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and
press a key."
P4 3.2 GHz 800
Both IDE DISABLEd now.
SCSI disk - st15150w Seagate Barracuda 4 GB SCSI2
Adaptec 7800 SCSI3

Disc is recognized by SCSI bios (Adaptec) and is at 0.

BIOS boot sequence: [SCSI Card] only. All other devices removed.
I suspected SCSI Card starts probing from highest speed (scsi wide/not,
sync/async, etc) and I played with Adaptec settings for target 0 (where
disk is) - not helped. Adaptec is at 7. No other devices on Scsi bus.

Anybody else experienced similar problem?

Thanks for your help!

In article <1119885023.762521.317980@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
valkiriy_jar <vteslikov@hotmail.com> wrote:
#I have sy-p4rc350 and I was able to boot NT 2k installation from CD (CD
#is on second IDE - slave, 1st IDE is disabled) and finish it

I'm assuming you have an IDE Master device on the 2nd IDE, to help that
CD slave? If not it shouldn't work at all.

#Anybody else experienced similar problem?

As long as an IDE device exists, most PC BIOS's don't like to boot off
of SCSI. I once solved this problem by installing a Linux boot loader on
the IDE disk and having it chain load both Linux and Windows off of
SCSI. It was a kludge, but it worked fine for a couple of years until I
took it down.

Lately I decided it wasn't worth it. Now I either build a pure SCSI
system or all IDE or SATA.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Fire Rumsfeld, secure Iraq's borders.
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Our border with Mexico too.