USB 2.0 availability?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 3, 2005 11:05:21 PM

Have a Dragon lite motherboard that has USB, but not USB 2.0. Is there a
driver or bios that is available where I can upgrade my USB?

More about : usb availability

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2005 1:28:40 AM

DrB wrote:
> Have a Dragon lite motherboard that has USB, but not USB 2.0. Is
> there a driver or bios that is available where I can upgrade my USB?

Not that simple. Hardware on your mobo is designed for USB 1.1. That's it.
You can't change it with software, like you can't improve your existing VGA
64M to be 128M just with software...
For this you need to buy extra USB 2.0 card, put it into free ide slot and
install. They are dirt cheap.
March 20, 2006 10:58:18 PM

You can buy a usb 2.0 card with 2 ports on it and some come with firewire ports. check the card for an internal port so you can hard line a 4-1 cardreader or an front external usb port. also make sure your OS can support usb 2.0 download the controller and have fun
!