Burned Music cd and now cannot delete or write to CD

I burned a music CD and now I cannot erase or store info on my dvd-rw /
cd-rw drive. I usually store my quicken backup on cd and now I cannot erase
the old and cannot store the new. I get the msg. "The files on this CD-Rom
are read only-You cannot copy or move files over to this Cd-Rom" I even
tried backing up a office file onto the cd rom and no luck.. Any Ideas out
there

Michael
5 answers Last reply
More about burned music delete write

    thunder Wrote:
    > I burned a music CD and now I cannot erase or store info on my dvd-rw /
    > cd-rw drive. I usually store my quicken backup on cd and now I cannot
    > erase
    > the old and cannot store the new. I get the msg. "The files on this
    > CD-Rom
    > are read only-You cannot copy or move files over to this Cd-Rom" I
    > even
    > tried backing up a office file onto the cd rom and no luck.. Any Ideas
    > out
    > there
    >
    > Michael
    to the best of my knowlage an audio cd has to be closed and made write
    protected before the audio tracks can be read by a set top cd player-
    this is normal operation- why not save yourself some griefe and buy an
    extra 50 cent cd for backups instead of needing to worry about it using
    one cd ?

    --
    rotnratPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    When once you finalize the CD it is locked in that state forever, even if
    you only put one song on it. I would guess that this is what you have done.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I burned a music CD and now I cannot erase or store info on my dvd-rw /
    > cd-rw drive. I usually store my quicken backup on cd and now I cannot
    > erase
    > the old and cannot store the new. I get the msg. "The files on this CD-Rom
    > are read only-You cannot copy or move files over to this Cd-Rom" I even
    > tried backing up a office file onto the cd rom and no luck.. Any Ideas out
    > there
    >
    > Michael

    > to the best of my knowlage an audio cd has to be closed and made write
    > protected before the audio tracks can be read by a set top cd player-
    > this is normal operation- why not save yourself some griefe and buy an
    > extra 50 cent cd for backups instead of needing to worry about it using
    > one cd ?

    I'm sorry I should have worded it different. I cannot save any data info to
    a New Clean cd-rw. After I have made a audio cd (to a CD-R). I can no longer
    save data or erase data to my E: drive which I use CD-RW disk for. Never
    happen before, but now -forget it. Ready to take my Glock 23 to it.

    do you need to format your disk for incd or whatever drag and drop cd
    program you are using? I am assuming thats what you are trying to do -
    most programs that use this technology need to specialy format the cd
    to work like this. once again I am not very keen on this because I
    delete all of this type of programing because it rakes havoc with video
    editing programs so maybe if you post the software you are using and the
    way you are trying to use it some one can help you

    --
    rotnratPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Just because you made an audio cd doesn't mean you can't burn to a cd
    rw. Are you sure your cd rw isn't wore out? I went through ten this
    year. What specifically happens? errors? anything? What type of burning
    software do you use? Just windows or roxio etc....? If you get the error
    that the disk is read only then it has info already on it. Have you
    cleaned the drives lately?

    --
    PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Music CD-Rom Windows XP