I used PC Doctor to test my CD Rom which doesn't read cd's.
It failed all the tests and in details the error message was
Event:41_4
I have searched but haven't had any luck. It's an HP Pavillion.
ThanksJohn

I imagine that if your CD Drive "failed all the tests", you may
wish to consider replacing it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"JohnH" wrote:

| I used PC Doctor to test my CD Rom which doesn't read cd's.
| It failed all the tests and in details the error message was
| Event:41_4
| I have searched but haven't had any luck. It's an HP Pavillion.
| ThanksJohn

Philo

> I imagine that if your CD Drive "failed all the tests", you may
> wish to consider replacing it.

an excellent idea!

as long as the drive is bad...you don't have too much to loose by seeing
if the mfg has a utility to reflash the cdrom's firmware.