Error Message

I used PC Doctor to test my CD Rom which doesn't read cd's.
It failed all the tests and in details the error message was
Event:41_4
I have searched but haven't had any luck. It's an HP Pavillion.
ThanksJohn
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    I imagine that if your CD Drive "failed all the tests", you may
    wish to consider replacing it.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    > I imagine that if your CD Drive "failed all the tests", you may
    > wish to consider replacing it.

    an excellent idea!

    as long as the drive is bad...you don't have too much to loose by seeing
    if the mfg has a utility to reflash the cdrom's firmware.

Hardware Hewlett Packard CD-Rom Error Message Microsoft Windows XP