Problems with drive...

I tried to hook up another hard drive today, and the hookup went fine, and
the drive appeared as Drive F. When I tried to access the drive, it says Not
Able to Access. I get the same thing when I hook up my camera, which Windows
sees as a removable drive. Anyone have any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about problems drive

    Is it a IDE or USB connection? Try rt clicking MyComputer>select
    Manage>Disk Management>See if it shows up there
    and if yes, try to assign it a drive letter. Is the drive partitioned and
    formatted?
    "Les Minton" <LesMinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to hook up another hard drive today, and the hookup went fine, and
    > the drive appeared as Drive F. When I tried to access the drive, it says
    > Not
    > Able to Access. I get the same thing when I hook up my camera, which
    > Windows
    > sees as a removable drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

    Try run,type:diskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the drive,then go to actions,
    all,select,make active,close out.

    "Les Minton" wrote:

    > I tried to hook up another hard drive today, and the hookup went fine, and
    > the drive appeared as Drive F. When I tried to access the drive, it says Not
    > Able to Access. I get the same thing when I hook up my camera, which Windows
    > sees as a removable drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hardware Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP