Problems with drive...

May 30, 2005 3:31:05 PM

I tried to hook up another hard drive today, and the hookup went fine, and
the drive appeared as Drive F. When I tried to access the drive, it says Not
Able to Access. I get the same thing when I hook up my camera, which Windows
sees as a removable drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

More about : problems drive

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:01:45 AM

Is it a IDE or USB connection? Try rt clicking MyComputer>select
Manage>Disk Management>See if it shows up there
and if yes, try to assign it a drive letter. Is the drive partitioned and
formatted?
"Les Minton" <LesMinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to hook up another hard drive today, and the hookup went fine, and
> the drive appeared as Drive F. When I tried to access the drive, it says
> Not
> Able to Access. I get the same thing when I hook up my camera, which
> Windows
> sees as a removable drive. Anyone have any suggestions?
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:30:01 AM

Try run,type:D iskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the drive,then go to actions,
all,select,make active,close out.

!