USB 2.0 on some Dragon Lites upgradable?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 24, 2005 7:10:52 AM

Have couple computers running Dragon Lite, one with SY-KT400, which has USB
2.0, and the other with KT333, which does not have the upgraded USB 2.0.
Does anyone know if this is just a bios upgrade needed for the KT333 to get
USB 2.0 or am I stuck with the slower USB on the one computer?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 24, 2005 7:10:53 AM

No you cant upgrade through bios. It takes a different chipset.
"DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Have couple computers running Dragon Lite, one with SY-KT400, which has
> USB 2.0, and the other with KT333, which does not have the upgraded USB
> 2.0. Does anyone know if this is just a bios upgrade needed for the KT333
> to get USB 2.0 or am I stuck with the slower USB on the one computer?

August 2, 2005 1:39:01 AM

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:10:52 GMT, "DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Have couple computers running Dragon Lite, one with SY-KT400, which has USB
>2.0, and the other with KT333, which does not have the upgraded USB 2.0.
>Does anyone know if this is just a bios upgrade needed for the KT333 to get
>USB 2.0 or am I stuck with the slower USB on the one computer?

You could install a USB 2.0 pci card.

Gollum
!