Error installing XP on Soyo PFi Fire Dragon

Tags:
  • Soyo
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2005 6:02:21 PM

I just had a hard drive crash, and after installing a new hard drive, I
cannot get Windows XP to install. During installation, I get an error
copying random files, and then finally, the blue sccreen of death. I've
tried two different hard drives, two different cd drives, and 2 different
copies of XP. I have also installed a new RAM chip. Can someone please
help?

Thank you.

More about : error installing soyo pfi fire dragon

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 2, 2005 8:19:34 PM

scotty_davis@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I just had a hard drive crash, and after installing a new hard drive, I
> cannot get Windows XP to install. During installation, I get an error
> copying random files, and then finally, the blue sccreen of death. I've
> tried two different hard drives, two different cd drives, and 2 different
> copies of XP. I have also installed a new RAM chip. Can someone please
> help?
>
> Thank you.

make sure the PCI bus is not overclocked, if so then data becomes
corrupt. try the other IDE port too, just for grins. also, try a
different cable.
!