Error installing XP on Soyo PFi Fire Dragon

I just had a hard drive crash, and after installing a new hard drive, I
cannot get Windows XP to install. During installation, I get an error
copying random files, and then finally, the blue sccreen of death. I've
tried two different hard drives, two different cd drives, and 2 different
copies of XP. I have also installed a new RAM chip. Can someone please
help?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about error installing soyo fire dragon

    scotty_davis@bellsouth.net wrote:
    > I just had a hard drive crash, and after installing a new hard drive, I
    > cannot get Windows XP to install. During installation, I get an error
    > copying random files, and then finally, the blue sccreen of death. I've
    > tried two different hard drives, two different cd drives, and 2 different
    > copies of XP. I have also installed a new RAM chip. Can someone please
    > help?
    >
    > Thank you.

    make sure the PCI bus is not overclocked, if so then data becomes
    corrupt. try the other IDE port too, just for grins. also, try a
    different cable.

Soyo Hard Drives Windows XP Motherboards