SY-K7VTA-B Fan

There's a fan on the SY-K7VTA-B motherboard, right in the middle of the
board. I've got a board that won't boot... It starts up, beeps and then
shuts down. This fan never spins. I'm assuming it should.

Can I just replace the fan? If so, where can I get one?
1 answer Last reply
More about k7vta

    mikel.beck@elite-computing.net wrote:
    > There's a fan on the SY-K7VTA-B motherboard, right in the middle of
    > the board. I've got a board that won't boot... It starts up, beeps
    > and then shuts down. This fan never spins. I'm assuming it should.
    >
    > Can I just replace the fan? If so, where can I get one?

    it should, but this probably doesn't prevent mobo from booting -does that
    fan which doesn't spin 3 wire connector? If yes, it CAN prenvent mobo from
    booting, if it has only red and black wire, it doesn't.
    More certain this causes CPU fan. Check out if CPU fan spins, if spins fast
    enough. Or if you changed CPU fan for some better, but slower one, like
    Zalman since those fans spin too slow for mobo to detect spinning.

Soyo Fan Motherboards