  • RAM
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
May 31, 2005 11:52:48 AM

How do I prevent the following message from being displayed without
responding affirmatively?

Thanks!

Steve

[ The Windows XP standard CD-R/RW writing function is active. To write to
DVD-RAM discs, this function must first be deactivated. Do you wish to
deactivate it? ]

[ (Should you choose to deactivate here, you can still activate the Windows
XP standard CD-R/RW write function by selecting the "Enable CD Recording on
this drive" setting in the DVD MULTI Drive property.) ]

More about : versus dvd ram

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 2:01:49 AM

Steve, try going to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services>IMAPI CDBurning
COM rt click select Properties>In the
Startup Type Box choose Disable.
"Steve Forestor" <xxxgfr92yxxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I prevent the following message from being displayed without
> responding affirmatively?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Steve
>

> [ The Windows XP standard CD-R/RW writing function is active. To write to
> DVD-RAM discs, this function must first be deactivated. Do you wish to
> deactivate it? ]
>
> [ (Should you choose to deactivate here, you can still activate the
> Windows XP standard CD-R/RW write function by selecting the "Enable CD
> Recording on this drive" setting in the DVD MULTI Drive property.) ]

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:18:44 PM

Someone suggested removing the RAMASST.EXE shortcut from my
STARTUP folder, which I did do.

The message has stopped appearing during the boot-up process, but
have I inadvertently removed a driver or some other support service
that I should not have removed?

Thanks!

Steve

!