P4-VGM USB 2.0 just doesn't work!

My motherboard is supposed to support USB 2.0!! I have WinXP and the
manual told me to download all the microsoft automatic updates and i
would get USB 2.0. But, i have downloaded all the auto updates and i
still don't have USB 2. Bios is set to allow usb 2 as well. WHATS THE
PROBLEM!!! its truly driving me crazy. Thanks everyone.

Install the latest via 4 in 1 drivers. Are you sure it's not working? It
wont say USB2.0 in device manager. If you plug in a usb2.0 device does it
say it's on a slower usb1.1 connection?

"Soyosauce" <ben1@sfnet.com> wrote in message
> My motherboard is supposed to support USB 2.0!! I have WinXP and the
> manual told me to download all the microsoft automatic updates and i
> would get USB 2.0. But, i have downloaded all the auto updates and i
> still don't have USB 2. Bios is set to allow usb 2 as well. WHATS THE
> PROBLEM!!! its truly driving me crazy. Thanks everyone.

Soyosauce laid this down on his screen :
> My motherboard is supposed to support USB 2.0!! I have WinXP and the
> manual told me to download all the microsoft automatic updates and i
> would get USB 2.0. But, i have downloaded all the auto updates and i
> still don't have USB 2. Bios is set to allow usb 2 as well. WHATS THE
> PROBLEM!!! its truly driving me crazy. Thanks everyone.

Hi;
I'll bet you have a non-XP compliant MB. There are some Soyo MBs that
are around the intro date of XP that will only run on bios defaults -
no USB!
I had one! Had been running 98 with all MB features, upgraded to XP and
lost USB. Discovered it isn't an "XP compliant" mb

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net