Soyo P4VTE can't run 3.06 Ghz Intel

All,

I recently purchased a Soyo p4vte motherboard with an Intel 3.06 Ghz
chip. I can't seem to get the chip to run at 3.06 my only options via
the jumpers is 2.13 / 2.6 / or 3.2 Ghz. When trying to modify the cpu in
the bios it says Locked at the top and will only allow me to change the
Freq.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wildatom wrote:
> All,
>
> I recently purchased a Soyo p4vte motherboard with an Intel 3.06 Ghz
> chip. I can't seem to get the chip to run at 3.06 my only options via
> the jumpers is 2.13 / 2.6 / or 3.2 Ghz. When trying to modify the cpu in
> the bios it says Locked at the top and will only allow me to change the
> Freq.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

I have the same board. Make sure JP2 & JP3 is set to 200M per Soyo
artifact #S1256. I don't know where you get 2.13/2.6/...etc.?

I just checked my BIOS and I don't see the Frqs you mentioned. Are you
sure you are not using a Celron CPU? I suggest you do a search on Soyo
to verify settings. Also download a free program called cpuz129.
It'll help you identify the correct settings. Really a neat program.