Largest Hard Drive Supported

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 6:09:09 PM

Does anyone know what the largest SATA Hard Drive is, that is supported on
the Soyo KT600 Dragon v1.0 mobo? I am currently using 120 GB and would like
to put in a 200 GB.

TIA,

-Tom
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 10:40:34 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:09:09 GMT, "Tom Rogers"
<jeditom@NO-SPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the largest SATA Hard Drive is, that is supported on
>the Soyo KT600 Dragon v1.0 mobo? I am currently using 120 GB and would like
>to put in a 200 GB.
>
>TIA,
>
>-Tom

According to www.soyousa.com
If you have a Hard Drive bigger then 137GB and you are running Windows
XP, you will need to install Service Pack 1 to allow Windows to see
any Hard Drive bigger then the default size of 137GB. For more
information on the Microsoft issue click on the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 10:40:35 PM

Hi Tom:

I know this does not directly answer your question but I'm currently
using a Maxtor 250gig drive on a SY-K7V Dragon Plus! mb which was made well
before your KT600. I needed to d/l a little utility from the Maxtor website
that enables drives over a certain size (around 120g) to be recognized.

Hope this helps,

Doug

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:09:09 GMT, "Tom Rogers"
> <jeditom@NO-SPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what the largest SATA Hard Drive is, that is supported
on
> >the Soyo KT600 Dragon v1.0 mobo? I am currently using 120 GB and would
like
> >to put in a 200 GB.
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >-Tom
> >

> According to www.soyousa.com
------
> If you have a Hard Drive bigger then 137GB and you are running Windows
> XP, you will need to install Service Pack 1 to allow Windows to see
> any Hard Drive bigger then the default size of 137GB. For more
> information on the Microsoft issue click on the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp

Related resources
August 26, 2005 3:26:18 PM

i ran 300g WDigital just fine
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2005 9:37:52 PM

Thanx. I found the official list on Soyo's website here...

http://tinyurl.com/bjz4m

-Tom

"Doug Turner" <NoReplyPlease@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tom:
>
> I know this does not directly answer your question but I'm currently
> using a Maxtor 250gig drive on a SY-K7V Dragon Plus! mb which was made
> well
> before your KT600. I needed to d/l a little utility from the Maxtor
> website
> that enables drives over a certain size (around 120g) to be recognized.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug
>

> "f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:09:09 GMT, "Tom Rogers"
>> <jeditom@NO-SPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone know what the largest SATA Hard Drive is, that is supported
> on
>> >the Soyo KT600 Dragon v1.0 mobo? I am currently using 120 GB and would
> like
>> >to put in a 200 GB.
>> >
>> >TIA,
>> >
>> >-Tom
>> >

>> According to www.soyousa.com
> ------
>> If you have a Hard Drive bigger then 137GB and you are running Windows
>> XP, you will need to install Service Pack 1 to allow Windows to see
>> any Hard Drive bigger then the default size of 137GB. For more
>> information on the Microsoft issue click on the following link:
>>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 16, 2009 9:40:03 PM

Sorry Tom, but your too unlucky because i have more memory then you , and i got 1T which stands for Terabyte and its 10000 times bigger then yours, hahahahaha!!! i got my hard drive from currys
August 13, 2009 6:03:19 PM

memory
between Prefixes "YZETGMk" is 1024 not 1000
August 13, 2009 6:34:36 PM

are you guys talking in code? toms needs to auto lock old threads lol
October 15, 2009 1:38:43 AM

I have a P4I875P DRAGON 2 Black Edition SERIAL, I am using Win XP Pro Ver 2002 SP3. I Tried to install a WD VelociRaptor 300 Gb 10,000 rpm SATA drive. The system will recognize it as Drive 0, but it will not allow me to Partition it or use it as a boot drive. if I try to use it as a single drive, the BIOS will freeze at the RAID prompt. I need to build a new system anyway!

Quote from MB Manual:
This Motherboard offers two primary (IDE1, IDE3) IDE device connectors, 2
secondary IDE device connectors (IDE2, IDE4) and 4 tertiary serial ATA
ports. IDE1 and IDE2 can support up to four high-speed Ultra DMA
33/66/100 HDD or CD-ROM. IDE3 and IDE4 can support up to 4 high speed
Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 HDD. SATA1~4 can support up to 4 ATA 150
SATA hard disks.

IDE1,2 are controlled by the 82801EB (ICH5), IDE3,4 are controlled by the
HighPoint 372N, SATA1,2 are controlled by the 82801EB (ICH5) and
SATA3,4 are controlled by the Silicon Image Sil3112 controller..
There are 8 parallel ATA HDD connectors (IDE1, IDE2, IDE3, IDE4) and 4
serial ATA connectors on the motherboard. IDE3 and IDE4 are provided for
IDE RAID or standard IDE function. SATA1 and SATA2 are provided for
standard SATA function. SATA 3 and SATA4 are provided for SATA RAID or
standard SATA function. This Motherboard can support up to 12 HDDs.
Note: IDE2 and SATA2 are not bootable, SATA1, SATA3, SATA4 and
IDE1, IDE3 and IDE4 are bootable.
Note: Only Windows XP can use SATA1, SATA2, IDE1 and IDE2 at the
same time.
October 15, 2009 1:49:40 AM

way to go 4 year old thread resurrection yar...!
!