IntelliMouse buttons function Erratically!

May 31, 2005 10:43:49 PM

I have a Microsoft Wireless optical mouse 2.0A which doesn't function
properly. Both right and left click buttons and all so the scrolling wheel
is very erratic. Cursor movement is fine. I have connected the mouse in
mouse port as well as usb port and same results. When I use a wired mouse
there is no problem and it works normal. I have gone to the Microsoft
knowledgebase and did the procedure twice with no luck.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321122 Does anyone
have any other ideas to resolve this problem? It would be nice to have
another wireless mouse so that I can see if the problem is in the mouse but
I don't have one. BTW I also have a wireless keyboard and it works fine. Any
help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:23:35 PM

Easy check. Take the mouse and connect it to another computer. (You don't
even have to disconnect the other computer or install any software.)

If the mouse behaves erratically, replace it.

courtney sends....

!