MODEM ISSUES

I used t have Windows ME and it was causing me alot of problems so i
formatted my hard disk and used the Windows XP setup disk that came with my
latop and now i can not use my modem because it says the device is not
operating in the device manager but when i had ME it worked perfecty AOL even
said no modem found when was trying to set it up
3 answers Last reply
More about modem issues

    Its likely you need to install winxp drivers for your modem, so you will
    have to visit modem manu web site to see if any are available. If not buy a
    new modem.
    BTW it is unlikely that you have a licence to install winxp on a second sys
    A winxp licence is valied for a single pc and an OEM copy is valied only for
    the pc it was supplied with.
    So how did you activate it?

    "Curious Mom" <CuriousMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I used t have Windows ME and it was causing me alot of problems so i
    > formatted my hard disk and used the Windows XP setup disk that came with
    my
    > latop and now i can not use my modem because it says the device is not
    > operating in the device manager but when i had ME it worked perfecty AOL
    even
    > said no modem found when was trying to set it up

    You need to install the XP driver for the modem. The old ME one will not
    work on XP.
    If you look at the modem you should be able to see a model number.
    Look up the driver at www.driversguide.com

    Good luck

    --
    nodenetPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    The Windows XP setup disk is only intended for the laptop. Restore the
    Windows ME computer to it's original configuration.

    Curious Mom wrote:

    > I used t have Windows ME and it was causing me alot of problems so i
    > formatted my hard disk and used the Windows XP setup disk that came with my
    > latop and now i can not use my modem because it says the device is not
    > operating in the device manager but when i had ME it worked perfecty AOL even
    > said no modem found when was trying to set it up

Modem Windows XP