Hello everyone
I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the fan
speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple of
moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
10x in advance

It's a notebook, they are particularly heat sensitive. Sure you can
overcook it if you want to lose all your data (and your guarantee) but the
first thing you should do is contact the manufacturer and take it to their
local service center or wherever they recommend. Athlon XP CPUs are even
more sensitive to heat than most. Takes about 3 seconds running an Athlon
XP CPU with no heatsink and fan to kill it totally.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"TrashOverride" <TrashOverride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone
> I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
> and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
> shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
> potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the
> fan
> speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple
> of
> moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
> 10x in advance

dl

Fan/intakes maybe blocked with crud, you will need to clean them out
And no there isnt a magic prog, allthough some mobo's may have similar built
in.

"TrashOverride" <TrashOverride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone
> I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
> and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
> shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
> potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the
fan
> speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple
of
> moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
> 10x in advance

10x i'll take it to the "doctors" :)
--
Even if u live good... it comes time when u get married