Laptop problem

Hello everyone
I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the fan
speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple of
moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
10x in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop problem

    It's a notebook, they are particularly heat sensitive. Sure you can
    overcook it if you want to lose all your data (and your guarantee) but the
    first thing you should do is contact the manufacturer and take it to their
    local service center or wherever they recommend. Athlon XP CPUs are even
    more sensitive to heat than most. Takes about 3 seconds running an Athlon
    XP CPU with no heatsink and fan to kill it totally.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "TrashOverride" <TrashOverride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone
    > I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
    > and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
    > shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
    > potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the
    > fan
    > speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple
    > of
    > moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
    > 10x in advance

    Fan/intakes maybe blocked with crud, you will need to clean them out
    And no there isnt a magic prog, allthough some mobo's may have similar built
    in.

    "TrashOverride" <TrashOverride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone
    > I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
    > and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
    > shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
    > potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the
    fan
    > speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple
    of
    > moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
    > 10x in advance

    10x i'll take it to the "doctors" :)
    --
    Even if u live good... it comes time when u get married

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It's a notebook, they are particularly heat sensitive. Sure you can
    > overcook it if you want to lose all your data (and your guarantee) but the
    > first thing you should do is contact the manufacturer and take it to their
    > local service center or wherever they recommend. Athlon XP CPUs are even
    > more sensitive to heat than most. Takes about 3 seconds running an Athlon
    > XP CPU with no heatsink and fan to kill it totally.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "TrashOverride" <TrashOverride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone
    > > I have a laptop AMD 1.7+, 256DDR WinXP +SP2
    > > and i have problems with my cooling fan /i think/. Recently it started
    > > shutting down unexpetedly. i believe that the fan is not working in full
    > > potential... is there some prog that i could use to speed up a little the
    > > fan
    > > speed /i bouth my laptop from a friend and it was working fine for couple
    > > of
    > > moths/. it stops when i use it for 3-4 hours - i dont use the battery.
    > > 10x in advance

Laptops Fan Windows XP