CD-ROM Drive (D:) Model SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SN-324F

I have a labtop with a removable CD-ROM described aboved. I have not been
able to make the CD-RM work since I purchased my computer a year ago.No CDs,
no DVDs, etc. It seems that I am not the only one with this problem Should
I forget about this and purchase a new attachment or should I pursue fixing
it? Is there a suggestion as to what I am ding wrong?

I appreciate any suggestion. Than You.

Have you contacted the notebook manufacturer?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)