Wireless LAN for Dragon 2

Last response: in Motherboards
a b F Wireless
a b V Motherboard
September 7, 2005 7:28:00 PM

My MB has an onboard ethernet feature and I want to go wireless. It
appears that I'm going to have to buy ann intergrated receiver/PCI
card.
What ever happened to the USB receivers thatwere avaiable? I've been
poking around on the net and have not come across any.
Then again, it might be a better idea to just disable the LAN and
accept the need for the PCI wireless card.
What have you other wireless folks done?

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

More about : wireless lan dragon

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2005 12:35:49 PM

Robert Parek explained :
> My MB has an onboard ethernet feature and I want to go wireless. It appears
> that I'm going to have to buy ann intergrated receiver/PCI card.
> What ever happened to the USB receivers thatwere avaiable? I've been poking
> around on the net and have not come across any.
> Then again, it might be a better idea to just disable the LAN and accept the
> need for the PCI wireless card.
> What have you other wireless folks done?

Robert;
I have a similar situation and took the path of least resistance and
bought the integrated Linksys card. I think it was an issue of not
enough margin in just the receiver and nobody wants to bother.

--
!