Sony DRX710UL -- BUGGGY???

I have Windows XP 1 (I uninstalled SP2)

I have Nero Ultra Edition, firmware for the external drive is also updated.
I have now gone through 2 packs of DVD-R (Verbatim) and slowly going through
my DVD+R pack because sometimes the drive works, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes the computer sees it as a CD drive, sometimes a DVD-RW. I DID used
to have Easy CD Creator 5.0 which I uninstalled and read the article on-line
about it. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about sony drx710ul bugggy

    My works great with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-RW, CD-R, DVD and CD -
    but, I use EZCD 7, as EZCD 5 was marginal for use with XP when it débuted,
    EZCD 6 is pretty good with XP RTM and SP1, but EZCD 7 is really best with
    SP2. Also, make sure you've downloaded the latest DVD/CD drive.inf types
    for either EZCD or Nero, as it updates the software to recognize the
    latest/greatest hardware types of CD/DVD drives and their capabilities.
    Note: I've only burnt one coaster, and it was my fault by accidentally
    telling the system to shutdown while I was burning in the background -
    oopps.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "sleepless in Seattle" <sleepless in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:9B59B6F1-7328-4D9A-9575-35E0E7A975A6@microsoft.com...
    >I have Windows XP 1 (I uninstalled SP2)
    >
    > I have Nero Ultra Edition, firmware for the external drive is also
    > updated.
    > I have now gone through 2 packs of DVD-R (Verbatim) and slowly going
    > through
    > my DVD+R pack because sometimes the drive works, sometimes it doesn't.
    > Sometimes the computer sees it as a CD drive, sometimes a DVD-RW. I DID
    > used
    > to have Easy CD Creator 5.0 which I uninstalled and read the article
    > on-line
    > about it. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!

    Not only should you update the CD/DVD drive definitions, you should also
    update the core software for the CD burning software.

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:%23YkP%23YxZFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > My works great with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-RW, CD-R, DVD and
    > CD - but, I use EZCD 7, as EZCD 5 was marginal for use with XP when it
    > débuted, EZCD 6 is pretty good with XP RTM and SP1, but EZCD 7 is really
    > best with SP2. Also, make sure you've downloaded the latest DVD/CD
    > drive.inf types for either EZCD or Nero, as it updates the software to
    > recognize the latest/greatest hardware types of CD/DVD drives and their
    > capabilities. Note: I've only burnt one coaster, and it was my fault by
    > accidentally telling the system to shutdown while I was burning in the
    > background - oopps.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"
    >
    > "sleepless in Seattle" <sleepless in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message
    >>I have Windows XP 1 (I uninstalled SP2)
    >>
    >> I have Nero Ultra Edition, firmware for the external drive is also
    >> updated.
    >> I have now gone through 2 packs of DVD-R (Verbatim) and slowly going
    >> through
    >> my DVD+R pack because sometimes the drive works, sometimes it doesn't.
    >> Sometimes the computer sees it as a CD drive, sometimes a DVD-RW. I DID
    >> used
    >> to have Easy CD Creator 5.0 which I uninstalled and read the article
    >> on-line
    >> about it. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!

Windows XP