Sony DRX710UL -- BUGGGY???

June 1, 2005 6:05:20 PM

I have Windows XP 1 (I uninstalled SP2)

I have Nero Ultra Edition, firmware for the external drive is also updated.
I have now gone through 2 packs of DVD-R (Verbatim) and slowly going through
my DVD+R pack because sometimes the drive works, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes the computer sees it as a CD drive, sometimes a DVD-RW. I DID used
to have Easy CD Creator 5.0 which I uninstalled and read the article on-line
about it. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!

More about : sony drx710ul bugggy

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:56:06 AM

My works great with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-RW, CD-R, DVD and CD -
but, I use EZCD 7, as EZCD 5 was marginal for use with XP when it débuted,
EZCD 6 is pretty good with XP RTM and SP1, but EZCD 7 is really best with
SP2. Also, make sure you've downloaded the latest DVD/CD drive.inf types
for either EZCD or Nero, as it updates the software to recognize the
latest/greatest hardware types of CD/DVD drives and their capabilities.
Note: I've only burnt one coaster, and it was my fault by accidentally
telling the system to shutdown while I was burning in the background -
oopps.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"sleepless in Seattle" <sleepless in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9B59B6F1-7328-4D9A-9575-35E0E7A975A6@microsoft.com...
>I have Windows XP 1 (I uninstalled SP2)
>
> I have Nero Ultra Edition, firmware for the external drive is also
> updated.
> I have now gone through 2 packs of DVD-R (Verbatim) and slowly going
> through
> my DVD+R pack because sometimes the drive works, sometimes it doesn't.
> Sometimes the computer sees it as a CD drive, sometimes a DVD-RW. I DID
> used
> to have Easy CD Creator 5.0 which I uninstalled and read the article
> on-line
> about it. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:26:03 PM

Not only should you update the CD/DVD drive definitions, you should also
update the core software for the CD burning software.

!