BIOS Upgrade for SY-P4I 845PE V1.0

Is there a bios upgrade for this MB SY-P4I 845PE V1.0 soyo dragon.
SOyos website discontinued this board and the latest bios they have I
have already updated.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-BIOS-Upgrade-SY-P4I-845PE-V1-ftopict62482.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314595
5 answers Last reply
More about bios upgrade 845pe

    scripttron75 wrote:

    > Is there a bios upgrade for this MB SY-P4I 845PE V1.0

    Is that the one with 3 ISA slots?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    On 22 Sep 2005 19:36:42 -0400, scripttron75
    <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

    >Is there a bios upgrade for this MB SY-P4I 845PE V1.0 soyo dragon.
    >SOyos website discontinued this board and the latest bios they have I
    >have already updated.

    assuming that your board is the SY-P4I 845PE V1.0
    www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=241
    latest bios: 2003-06-25
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:05:05 -0400, Soyo Guy <Soyo@Guy.com> wrote:

    >scripttron75 wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a bios upgrade for this MB SY-P4I 845PE V1.0
    >
    >Is that the one with 3 ISA slots?

    The Soyo website does list a non-ISA version:

    SY-P4I 845PE V1.0 (discontinued)
    www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=241
    latest bios: 2003-06-25

    The ISA versions are:

    SY-P4I 845PE ISA (discontinued)
    SY-P4I 845GE ISA (discontinued)
    www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=194
    latest bios: 2004-09-01

    SY-P4I 845PE ISA V1.0
    www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=327
    latest bios: as released

    SY-P4I 845PE ISA Plus (coming soon)
    SY-P4I 845GV ISA Plus (coming soon)
    www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=335
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:10:42 -0400, Soyo Guy <Soyo@Guy.com> wrote:

    >Soyo should just come out with an ISA motherboard that wasn't so
    >dependent on Intel CPU's. Say, base it on a windoze-compatible CPU
    >that will be around for a few years. CPU availability from Intel has
    >been a pain in the friggin ass for the past 6 years when it comes to
    >these ISA-equipped motherboards.

    Do you mean 6 months rather than years? I've had no problems
    finding suitable intel cpu's for the SY-P4I 845PE ISA until this
    year.

    Soyo did have an AMD cpu based ISA motherboard. The
    SY-K7VTA Pro V1.0 was discontinued last year. Top cpu
    for it was the Athlon XP2600+
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Dennis Mullin wrote:

    > > CPU availability from Intel has been a pain in the friggin ass
    > > for the past 6 years when it comes to these ISA-equipped
    > > motherboards.
    >
    > Do you mean 6 months rather than years? I've had no problems
    > finding suitable intel cpu's for the SY-P4I 845PE ISA until
    > this year.

    It's not just the Soyo P4I I'm talking about.

    Between 1997 and 2001 we were using Spacewalker/Shuttle (661V31), Asus
    (P299), Epox (EP-61BXA-M), RedFox (Fordlian?) BX6VP2, Gigabyte
    GA686LX. IIRC, Slot-1 Intel CPU's became hard to get by early 2001
    (the transition from Slot-1 to socket 370 (coppermine) was, or had,
    happened).

    We then started using ACorp (81P VX and BX). They were Slot-1 but we
    were using coppermine P-3's mounted to slocket boards for the
    Acorp's. By May 2002 we were having trouble getting the Acorp.

    Then the coppermine became hard to get - being replaced by Tualitin.
    By January 2003, we were using a Tyan Trinity motherboard (with both
    Slot-1 and Socket 370) and mounting tualitin-core socket 370's to
    slocket boards because the Trinity's 370 socket wasn't compatible with
    Tualitin. There were special slocket convertors to adapt Tualitin for
    use on Coppermine motherboards. Then (naturally) the socket 370's
    were discontinued.

    By March 2004 (to the present) we were building systems with the Soyo
    845PE ISA's. Still have about 15 of them, with 2.6 Ghz Celerons
    (which I think Intel is still making -?). Recently had to scratch
    around for 8 P-4's (northwood, 2.53 ghz).

    I can see why Soyo has stopped making the P4I - there's no friggen
    CPU's available for them any more! (and hasn't been for the past 6
    months - I'm still not sure of Celeron availability though, but I
    don't think it's solid).

    SuperMicro has a 3-ISA P-4 motherboard (but it too is limited to
    Northwood) but at least it will do 800 MHZ FSB (the Soyo only does 533
    max). It has on-board video and SATA.

    I didn't think that anyone was going to make a Prescott motherboard
    with ISA. I'm glad to see that Soyo will (any idea about
    availability?).

    > Soyo did have an AMD cpu based ISA motherboard. The
    > SY-K7VTA Pro V1.0 was discontinued last year. Top cpu
    > for it was the Athlon XP2600+

    I wasn't aware of that one, but we've had some bad experiences with
    non-intel CPU's in the past (system stability) which in hindsight was
    either caused by poor heatsink or bad video drivers (we stopped using
    ATI 4 years ago and switched to NVidia).

BIOS Soyo Motherboards