I've installed Win XP Pro on a pc previously running 98 se. Formatted and
clean install.

Shutting down Windows closes Windows but does not turn off the PC is it did
in 98 se.

How do I fix this?

Lindsay

peter

Hi,

Click Start/Turn Off Computer/Turn Off

NOT start/Log Off

--
Peter

"Lindsay Cripps" <gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

>I've installed Win XP Pro on a pc previously running 98 se. Formatted and
>clean install.
>
>Shutting down Windows closes Windows but does not turn off the PC is it did
>in 98 se.
>
>How do I fix this?

XP Shutdown: http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

Good luck