Linux with P4SCT+

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
the other Linux.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
having trouble with...

Ed

Ed Jamison
MBX - http://www.mbx.com/
888-440-1414 X307
ed.jamison-at-mbx-dot-com
AIM - MBXEdJamison

Ed Jamison - MBX <ed-at-mbx-dot-com> wrote:
> What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
> get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
> having trouble with...

I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
into which we have two drives plugged.

It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
one and have the O/S detect them then?

Thanks,
Moshe

--
*** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom

Moshe Jacobson <bramoshe@runslinux.net> wrote:
> I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
> Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
> into which we have two drives plugged.

Actually, let me verify. The manual says it's a Marvell 88SX5040 but
it comes up with Adaptec firmware, calling it a HostRAID 1230XA. Is
the manual correct?

Moshe

--
*** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

I have not gotten the original install to work on the Marvell controller
either. The other two ports are Intel ICH5R ports, for which there
are linux drivers available. I have installed the OS on drives
connected to those controllers. I don't recall what the drives showed
up as in the os with the Marvell controller...

Ed Jamison
MBX - http://www.mbx.com/
888-440-1414 X307
ed.jamison-at-mbx-dot-com