Linux with P4SCT+

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
the other Linux.
4 answers Last reply
More about linux p4sct
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
    get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
    having trouble with...

    Ed

    Ed Jamison
    MBX - http://www.mbx.com/
    888-440-1414 X307
    ed.jamison-at-mbx-dot-com
    AIM - MBXEdJamison

    CalBEE wrote:
    > The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
    > download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
    > the other Linux.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    Ed Jamison - MBX <ed-at-mbx-dot-com> wrote:
    > What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
    > get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
    > having trouble with...

    I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    into which we have two drives plugged.

    It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
    two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
    those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
    one and have the O/S detect them then?

    Thanks,
    Moshe

    --
    *** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
    http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    Moshe Jacobson <bramoshe@runslinux.net> wrote:
    > I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    > Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    > into which we have two drives plugged.

    Actually, let me verify. The manual says it's a Marvell 88SX5040 but
    it comes up with Adaptec firmware, calling it a HostRAID 1230XA. Is
    the manual correct?

    Moshe

    --
    *** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
    http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    I have not gotten the original install to work on the Marvell controller
    either. The other two ports are Intel ICH5R ports, for which there
    are linux drivers available. I have installed the OS on drives
    connected to those controllers. I don't recall what the drives showed
    up as in the os with the Marvell controller...


    Ed Jamison
    MBX - http://www.mbx.com/
    888-440-1414 X307
    ed.jamison-at-mbx-dot-com
    AIM - MBXEdJamison

    Moshe Jacobson wrote:
    > Ed Jamison - MBX <ed-at-mbx-dot-com> wrote:
    >
    >>What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
    >>get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
    >>having trouble with...
    >
    >
    > I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    > Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    > into which we have two drives plugged.
    >
    > It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
    > two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
    > those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
    > one and have the O/S detect them then?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Moshe
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Supermicro Linux Motherboards