Hard drive are present But not Accessable

Here it is guys. Installed Windows 64....Big mistake couldn't get past the
SATA problems. When I reinstalled my windows XP I found that I can't access
my Slave drive or SATA drive any more. They show up in hardware manager as
active and healthy but can't be accessed in My Computer. I have tried to
rescan ect.... but no luck. I know there is a simple fix for this but I just
can't find it and I don't want to loos the data on the drives. I don't have
TweakUI in stalled so that isn't the problem either.... HELP......

Did you try rt clicking on the drives and assigning a drive letter to
them while in Disk Management?
Are there drivers needed for the SATA drive?