Canon F80 Nozzle Clog from hell

I have a Canon F80 (the best office machine I've ever had) with a nozzle clog
from hell on the Cyan nozzle. Print head is okay, I'm using real Canon ink
tanks (for some reason, generic replacement ink tank leaks ink onto the print
head). I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of this clog, even to
the point where I soaked the nozzle in alcohol for an hour. Nothing seems to
work. Anyone have any ideas?

Grativo
7 answers Last reply
More about canon nozzle clog hell

    On 15 Jul 2004 19:06:59 GMT, grativo@aol.com (Grativo) wrote:

    >I have a Canon F80 (the best office machine I've ever had) with a nozzle clog
    >from hell on the Cyan nozzle. Print head is okay, I'm using real Canon ink
    >tanks (for some reason, generic replacement ink tank leaks ink onto the print
    >head). I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of this clog, even to
    >the point where I soaked the nozzle in alcohol for an hour. Nothing seems to
    >work. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >Grativo

    Have you tried something like this?

    http://216.219.159.185/clean.html

    >Have you tried something like this?
    >
    >http://216.219.159.185/clean.html

    Yup...forced alcohol through the printhead with syringe....go good.

    Grativo

    On 15 Jul 2004 23:09:14 GMT, grativo@aol.com (Grativo) wrote:

    >Yup...forced alcohol through the printhead with syringe....go good.
    >
    >Grativo

    Its going good or its not good? typo there is unclear...

    The driver (electronic driver) for that 'port' may be dead, in which case
    it's not clogged, it's outright busted.

    -Larry

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:28:07 -0400, "Larry" <none@none.com> wrote:

    >The driver (electronic driver) for that 'port' may be dead, in which case
    >it's not clogged, it's outright busted.
    >
    >-Larry

    I was just about to say that if he forced cleaner through it and it
    did flow with the plunger as easily as the other colors then its not a
    clog.

    >Its going good or its not good? typo there is unclear...

    No good. Put alcohol in syringe and got a plastic tube over the printhead so
    it won't leak out and forced alcohol through the printhead. Still the same
    thing. I left the printhead soaked overnight in alcohol. Still no good.

    Grativo

    >I was just about to say that if he forced cleaner through it and it
    >did flow with the plunger as easily as the other colors then its not a
    >clog.

    Okay, I've now tried everything I can think of. Gonna buy a new ink tank
    tomorrow and see if that does anything, (I suppose there is a minute chance
    that the sponge on the ink tank is not forming a good seal with the print
    head... if not, I guess I have to go buy a new print head.

    Grativo

Printers Canon Office Peripherals