G

Am I counting wrong?

3 axis acceleration
3 axis magnetometer
altitude
pressure
temperature
ambient light

where are the missing 2 additional sensors to get to 12?

misiu_mp

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
How many axis? I really really really hate the crap loading marketers that pollute a perfectly sound and scientific environment with their own retarded definitions of well-defined terms. Fuck you, idiots!

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Altimeter?

I want direct, raw information from sensors.
Not some device that outputs something with all kinds of assumptions mixed in it.

Shinobi_III

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Doesn't GPS provide your altitude with 3 or more signals? And yes, I agree fully with Mr. misiu_mp - stop raping my terminology for your marketing speak.[/citation]

I believe GPS is two-axis, the height is pre-calculated by some standardised measurement.
It's off the charts wrong for me so I would guess it's true.

On the other hand my razr has a 32 channel gps receiver, does that mean my phone is 40 axis? =)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
2012: Wow, that's pretty cool. I am amazed
2024: Check this out from on old magazine. How could they live with such basic teck? btw, Have you refueled my Jet Pack ?

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]What exactly makes the hardware Win8 only? The sensor isn't running the OS, it's just a peripheral.[/citation]

Drivers does. They get and interpret data and then output it to programs...
If the drivers are not developed for other OS`s... you can`t use the sensors.
Same shit happened to printers when they switch to winxp (no drivers for usb result in no more printers compatible with win98 - and you were force to "evolve").

Status
Not open for further replies.