Opal Ultra Flatbed Scanner

Does anyone know where I can find a Windows 2000 or XP driver for this
scanner? I've searched everywhere I can think of?

Thanks.

hope you can speak German
http://www.opalgmbh.de/support.htm
Google is your friend
peterk

the problem
"J. Haulsee" <J. Haulsee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can find a Windows 2000 or XP driver for this
> scanner? I've searched everywhere I can think of?
>
> Thanks.

Actually, I *did* use Google. The driver I'm seeking is for a flatbed color
scanner and not a barcode scanner. Sometimes it's referred to as a Heidelberg
Opal Ultra scanner and sometimes a Linotype-Hell Opal Ultra scanner. But darn
if I can find the drivers for either.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

J. Haulsee

"peterk" wrote:

> hope you can speak German
> http://www.opalgmbh.de/support.htm
> Google is your friend
> peterk

I see a claim that the Opal Ultra is identical to a Umax Mirage II.

A driver package for that is available for download:

ftp://69.15.148.138/scanners/magicscan/version4.5/mscan45.exe

It's about 29 MB, so not recommended for dial-up. www.umax.com lists a CD
for sale for $14.50US.

Good luck.

> Actually, I *did* use Google. The driver I'm seeking is for a flatbed
> color
> scanner and not a barcode scanner. Sometimes it's referred to as a
> Heidelberg
> Opal Ultra scanner and sometimes a Linotype-Hell Opal Ultra scanner. But
> darn
> if I can find the drivers for either.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion though!
>
> J. Haulsee
>
> "peterk" wrote:
>
>> hope you can speak German
>> http://www.opalgmbh.de/support.htm
>> Google is your friend
>> peterk

Bob:

Thank you for your help. I'm trying the Umax Mirage driver now.

J.