Cindyk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
I am trying to play Sacred Gold over a LAN. I have a workstation and a laptop. When I start a multiplayer game on the laptop, it checks the ports, says up and running, and the game begins. When I start the game on the workstation, it checks the ports, says up and running and then nothing happens. The game never starts. If I start the game on the laptop, I cannot see it from my workstation. I have disabled all virus software, spyware, and firewalls. Drivers are up to date. My computers see each other. DirectPlay works. WinXP with a Linksys WRT54G router. Even disabled the firewall in the router and forwarded all ports (although that should not affect a LAN game). What else can I check?

anon4315

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I have a dual core workstation and I had the same problem...I fixed it by going into my start menu, I clicked on the run link, i then typed in msconfig, I then clicked on the advanced options button and changed it from a dual core to a single core. For some reason Sacred Gold is not dual core friendly. You should be able to launch a LAN game after all this is done. You are able to change it back at anytime but this solved my LAN problem.